feeling much better about things - UPDATED

readynwilling

Jadyn & Tyler's Mom
Reaction score
I posted a few days about a financial issue i was having. I am feeling better about that now.

I am anxiously awaiting the :witch:. I know crazy... but this is my first cycle off bc in many many years. If it were to be a normal cycle i would be due for af on Saturday/Sunday comming.

I've been temping and i had a spike in my temps... but it might be because i haven't been sleeping well. I feel like i am already awake when my alarm goes off at 6:30 to take my temp. but if it is an ov temp spike then that means im just ov'ing now... and i doubt that the the :witch: would show up on the weekend if i just ovulated.

Maybe im over thinking it but if i get my af on this weekend - maybe i didn't ov. Or if it comes in 2 weeks i maybe did. or maybe i wont get it all...:dohh:

Anywhoooo... i have never wanted my period so bad in my life!

Try to relax, and forget all about it, easier said than done, but is still the best advice I can give, the :witch: will land :hug::hug::hug:

If your temperature spike was really due to ovulation, then you should expect the :witch: about 12 days after the spike. But if it's your first natural cycle I wouldn't put myself under too much pressure. I'm sure they'll be nice and regular in no time at all!

Thanks. I just really want to be one of the very few who go back to normal cycle right away. :laugh2:

I took my temp again this morning and when i plugged it into ff.com it finally gave an estimated ov date. My guess is that i will likely end up with a 40 day cycle this go around... i will just have to wait it out.

Hi, I've heard after coming off bc for a long time, it takes time for your body to get in control of cycles. I know it's stressing to wait and see but keep confident and you'll be fine. xxx

UPDATE - af came today! Right on schedule!!! so excited... now i hope i ovulated but if not thats ok cause im avoiding anyway.

But i need to start ovulating - otherwise the AF is useless... except maybe you cant get af if you didn't ovulate? Anyone got the answer to that?

I allways thourght you would only have af if you ovulated but some one said this is not the case

found this, cant put the link cos its from another forum i think? just googled it.

Can you fail to ovulate in your cycle, but still get your period?

The quick answer is, “ Yes, sort of," but the more biologically correct answer is that you can fail to ovulate, but still have anovulatory bleeding. Technically speaking, a period is the bleeding that occurs about 12 to 16 days after the release of an egg. If no egg is released, it is not really a period that follows, but anovulatory bleeding.

There is a huge difference between cycles in which the woman ovulates but does not get her period, and one in which she gets her period but does not ovulate. What is that difference? In the former case, the woman is almost certainly pregnant. In the latter case, she has had an anovulatory cycle.

In anovulatory cycles, non-charting women may assume they are menstruating normally, so why would they continue to experience bleeding if ovulation has not occurred? Such bleeding results when estrogen production continues to develop the uterine lining without reaching the threshold necessary to trigger ovulation. In such a case, one of two things may happen, which leads to what appears to be a menstrual period.

Either the estrogen will build up slowly to a point below the threshold and then drop, resulting in "estrogen withdrawal bleeding," or more commonly, the endometrium builds up slowly over an extended period of time, eventually to the point where the resulting uterine lining is so thickened it can no longer sustain itself. This is known as "estrogen breakthrough bleeding." In either case, if you weren't charting, you might think you were simply menstruating, though you would maybe notice a difference in the type of bleeding. Specifically the flow can be either unusually heavy or light and of course, the timing can result in cycle lengths all over the map (or the chart).

Thats great info. Based on that i am going to assume at some point i ovulated because my cycle was 28 days long... by the sounds of that article it would take a while for the lining to thicken to the point where it sheds itself. Also i started temping way late in my cycle... i think i was on day 14 or 15 - it is possible i ov' before i started charting... Yay!

I am not sure about AF/ovulations hun sorry.
What are you using to take temps?

i have a bbt thermometer that i track on fertility friend... Im taking my temps at 6:30 every morning.

No advice really but good luck with it all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->