Feeling nervous already

Snufflepop

Reaction score
This is a bit of a pointless post, I think I just need to get my thoughts out somewhere I won't be judged as I can't really talk to my friends and family about GD.

I have a beautiful 9 month old dd. She is the light of our lives and we have decided to start ttc no 2 next month. This will be our final baby.

When I was pregnant with dd I really desperately wanted a girl, so did DH. I had wanted a girl my whole life. I did a girl sway and we were very lucky that we got her. I think if the ultrasound tech had said boy I would have cried my eyes out. I just saw myself with a girl. I can't relate to boys. I also have a sister and we grew up really close.

Now that we are onto no 2 I can feel the same thing creeping back in. I really want a sister for dd and I know I will be disappointed if we are find out we are having a boy. I am doing the same sway again to see if it works again.

I just feel bad for this poor not yet conceived baby. I feel like if it's a boy then dd will always be our favourite (DH wants another girl too) and we will wish we had stuck at one child. Even worse is that everybody assumes that because we have a girl that we want a boy and they keep commenting about "when you have your little boy" etc.

I feel so guilty for feeling like this. I know I am so blessed to have my dd and if we are lucky enough to get another bfp then I should be grateful to have another healthy baby regardless of the gender. And I know if we did have a boy I would love him....but.....I just can't let go of this dream of another girl......

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings if you got this far! Any words of wisdom from ladies who have felt similar would be welcomed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->