Feeling Nervous...

Cara89

Happily TTC #1
Reaction score
So, at the moment I am feeling a bit nervous because today I go to see the Gyno. Back in March I went to my Family Dr because DF & I had been TTC for a year with no luck. She told me that usually they don't refer women to the Gyno concerning fertility issues until they have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years... but she's worried since I am young and she doesn't think I am ovulating. :( I am hoping that this appointment will clear things up, but on the same note I am super scared that I might get some horrible news.

Just know that anything they find can usually be treated with medication. Good Luck!

Thanks guys! I will keep you posted on how things go!

Good luck! I hope it's not terrible news.

Urgh, this appointment felt like suchhhhhh a let down! First off, it was supposed to be at 2:30, DF & I get there 10 mins early -- only to sit in the waiting room until 4! We finally get taken into the Dr's office and wait another like, 5 mins for the OBGYN to walk in. She starts asking some questions, which is fine... until after about 2 minutes she gets a phone call on her cell (not sure if it was work related or not) and answers it. She continues with a few more questions, and around minute 4 of her being in the office her phone rings again, and she answers it again. Around minute 5 she says that she is sending me for blood work & DF for a semen analysis. She stands up, opens the door and tells us that we'll be given an appointment for 5-6 weeks from now to talk about the results. That was it. She didn't really explain much, and she didn't seem to care if I had any questions about it. DF was not impressed. At. All. If my next appointment with her goes the same way I am requesting to be transferred to the other OBGYN. He may be a man, but my mother/aunt/cousin && bff all say that he is the best OBGYN around. I want a family more than anything, and I do NOT intend to mess around if my current one gives me the impression she really doesn't care.

Urgh. Just had to rant!

Yeah you seriously need to find a new doc.
You need someone you can count on, especially when you do get your :bfp:
A gyno is someone that you really need to be comfortable with during this process.

I agree. I was pretty upset about the whole issue. I got the impression that she was just going through the motions trying to get me out of the office as quick as possible since she was so far behind with her appointments.

I would just make an apt with a new dr asap.. can't hurt to have another apt!

The reason I haven't yet is because I knew that blood work and a SA has to be done either way, and I didn't want to have to wait another 3 months to see the other OBGYN for him to just tell me that I need to get it done anyways. So I will get it done, go to her for the results and if I don't feel like she goes from that in a way that fits me, then I will def be switching... I am thinking about it anyways since I have heard a few horror stories about her :s

Actually it shouldn't take 5-6 weeks for her to get back to you about your bloodwork and SA. Depending upon how busy your doctor's office is, at the most it should take a week. They get the results back from the lab within a day or two and it's up to the doctor's office to call you with the results, or if there's something wrong then they will get you in the next available appt. I can't believe a horrible gyno like that would be booked out 5-6 weeks in advance.

You need to switch gynos for sure.

That's what I was thinikng, but she told us it "takes a while to get results back." The.red light that I have to look into a new gyno was when DF said he wasn't happy with her. Usually he doesn't say anything, but couldn't speak up about her fast enough.

Yeah she's full of shit, the lab nurses told me they have the results by the end of the workday but definitely by the next day.

I don't like gynos(any doctor for that matter) who seem bothered to answer your questions and try to shove you out the door because they're booked for the day.

When I got my bloodwork and ultrasound done, they said the doctor's office should call me next week with the results. Well, 3 weeks in and no one had called me!! I just took it as nothing was wrong..But then I got to thinking what if something was wrong, so I called them and they told me that my gyno had unexpectedly left the practice and they were playing catch up with his patients. They got me in with a new gyno the earliest they could so I could finally get my results. So if you got to pester them to get your results, then I would. It's nerve wracking to wait for that news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->