feeling of imbalance?

vs011

Reaction score
Ok I'm having a sensation of dizziness. It's not actual dizziness, as in the room is spinning but it feels like an imbalance, like what you might get from motion sickness or the start of oncoming dizziness. I haven't actually lost my balance yet but came close to it if I didn't have a table to grip on to at the time. Does anybody have this? I've been experiencing it since week 7 off and on and its intensified since week 9. after the sensation passes, I get a mild to moderate throbbing headache then start getting nauseous. I'm having trouble describing it to the doctor because I wouldn't classify it as dizziness. I've only had a real migraine once in my life. Could it be something like migraine symptoms?

To be honest, I would describe that as dizziness! That motion sickness feeling is very familiar to me as I only get it when pregnant. It can be caused by a drop in blood pressure when you're pregnant. Get the doctor to check your BP. Be aware of when it happens and try not to, e.g., stand up too fast, turn around too fast, do too much without a sit down, etc.

It could also be caused by low blood sugar or dehydration, so make sure you're having regular snacks and drinking enough water.

I had this 2 or 3 times last week. It was usually in the morning and I felt better after I ate and my blood sugars went up a bit.

That makes sense. It could be low blood sugars. Mine comes in the afternoon around 4pm, and i ate a full lunch at noon. But I get very thirsty and drink loads of water when the dizziness comes around, so my body must be telling me something. My bp has been ranging from 112/68 to 120/78 last few readings. Guess i'll add in more snacking after lunch. Thank you both!

I get this with my blood sugars being too low, and when I'm dehydrated (which seems to be constantly since becoming pg!)

I've had this every.day. It's so weird and ruins the day. Didn't have it last time, and I know my blood sugars aren't low!

I just wanted to give an update and tell you all how grateful i am you responded. Last night i had a blood sugar drop when i was just sitting and watching tv at home. For the first time, i knew instantly it was a blood sugar drop because of this thread. Well i had already eaten lunch, dinner, a sweet, and still felt the drop. It was very intense imbalace yesterday, the worst so far. So i am just grateful to your replies. I never had this issue in my life, have normal blood tests, and it took 3 weeks for me to recognize what this is with your help. My doc told me to have yogurt, had 3 cups of it and i felt back to normal in 30mins. Now i'll be eating more protein rich foods as well, since i know exactly what to eat now to stop it, and not just snacking more.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->