Feeling overwhelmed??

Starflower

Ttc number 2 :)
Reaction score
I know I am!

I am over the moon that im going to have a baby, but i had my first midwife appointment on Tuesday and there is so much information to take on board. I thought id leave it a day or so before i went through this huge folder full of leaflets and info I was given but ive just spent the best part of 2 hours going through it all and feeling a little like im in shock.

Please dont get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into when we started TTC, but now I feel like im totally out of my depth and its a little bit scary (have to say at this point that my raging hormones aren't helping lol).

Got to pop down to the hospital later for (my favorite of all things) Blood tests, as my midwife couldnt get any blood out of me! lol

Is anyone else feeling like this or am I just strange!??

Completely agree

The midwife information is (in my opinion) completely over the top. I could barely carry my stuff back to work. Got it home and hid it in my wardrobe. I might have a look quickly before my next appointment but I'm not touching it yet. Half the stuff is important and half the stuff is selling you things and it's all mixed together!!!! (very sneaky)
Millions of women have given birth for years without all of this. It freaked me right out. I’m pregnant – not seriously ill!!!

Try not to worry hun xxxx I’m going to take a proper look when I feel up to it. Mine has even got a scary book with lots of graphic pictures that look like they are from the 1980's!! xxx

lol I think ive got the same book, and have refused to look at that bit yet! I'll leave that till after christmas :)

Lol I feel exactly the same my appointment was about a month ago now and I am still staring at my bounty pack like it has the plague!

Even the informative stuff is mostly things that can go wrong!! I know we have to know this stuff but I am a firm believer that you know your own body and I'd rather just call the midwife is something is up!

Pregnancy is the most natural thing in the world but this pack makes me feel like I need to sit an exam first or something lol. I wish they could have seperated all the leaflets for free stuff so I only had to look at that :rofl: xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->