Feeling Petty About Everything

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I'm getting really cheesed off that after I get all upset about stuff, I look back on it and realize just how petty I've been.

For eg. The whole gender thing a couple weeks back, when I asked people if I was having a boy or girl and then got all worried and upset when people didn't really know what to say when they said "both" and made me feel like I was having a hermaphrodite.
A normal person would just laugh it off and accept that some people just don't have an answer.
Then I had someone tell me I talk too much about being pregnant. Was rather upset at that one.

The latest one is I'm getting loads of people saying that the first question they're gonna ask me once I've had my 20 week scan in 2 weeks is whether it's a boy or girl. Pissed me off a little because for me, the first question I think SHOULD be asked is "is the baby OK?" People seem to forget that the main reason we have scan's is to moniter the babys progress and check that there are no problems. Finding out the gender is the added bonus really. I'd have thought the babys health would be far more important a question to ask than about whether it's a girl or boy? Again, I feel like I'm being petty and maybe taking the fun out of everything.

I don't know, I'm probably being extremely fussy and petty over stuff, I really don't mean to. I feel like I'm going crazy and driving people nuts over it.

Grrr...how I do develop that healthy balance of not reading so much into everything? I'm turning into a grumpy pregnant woman and it's upsetting me because I don't know what to do. :cry:

Awwww i think every woman on here can totally relate

(((hugs))) xxx

Thanks Sam (((hugs)))

I wrote this and read a similar thread so I don't feel so alone now, but sheesh, I think pregnancy has been a lot harder on me emotionally than physically. :(

I know where you comng from too hun, pregnancy is so hard emotionally and physically lol.....Keep your chin up it will get better.....

I think we can definitely all relate. I find myself getting fed up when people notice my bump or ask me how I'm feeling - I know they're just being nice, but I kind of feel like people have only bothered with me since I was pregnant... I think it's just that good old emotional, hormonal rollercoaster!!

I have just made a very similar post so feel your pain hun! **HUGS** I am sure it will get better! It just sucks how we notice were not as thick skinned as we used to be! It's got to be all those pregnancy hormones!! Xxx

Aww hun i agree we can all relate, i was gettting upset cos people said tey couldnt tell i was pregnant - though 6 months on wednesday.

And of all the random people to people to say anything a cashier i was talking to in tesco about 1 month ago came over to me today when buying my shopping touched my bump and just said aww, shes getting bigger now.. It made my day hun.

Try to out weight the brill things about pregnancy and youll be soon be smiling im sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"