feeling pretty scared about this pregnancy for some reason :(

hanfromman

Reaction score
I have an almost 2 year old boy, and his was a very happy straightforward pregnancy. Before him I had a MMC, not picked up until 12 week scan. Logically I should have been terrified when I got pregnant with my son but I was the opposite! For some reason I just felt that lightning wouldn't strike twice and that it would be fine.
I found out on Xmas Eve I am pregnant, but I'm just really worried! I have no logical reason for this - no bleeding, cramping etc, but I can't help it! When I had a MMC I felt even before the scan that something wasn't right, so now I'm worried that maybe I'm scared for a reason! Or maybe I subconsciously think that I'm due more bad luck!
I hope this stops after the scan because I don't want to be worrying and obsessing over every little thing, for the next 8 months! I loved being pregnant with my son and was so content and chilled - I want that again!
Anyone else terrified for no reason?!

this is my first pregnancy and i read too much on the internet and thats what got me super paranoid all through first tri. i was so paranoid about everything although something kept telling me it's fine you're alright baby's ok. i just couldn't help it! i did everything i could to take my prenatals on time just to make sure baby got all she needed. because of my paranoia, i bought a fetal heartbeat doppler earlier in pregnancy (which i rarely use now that i feel her kicking almost all the time) and i booked alot of private gender scans just to see baby wiggling and kicking on ultrasound whenever i wanted to because i dont get my official medical ultrasound until 20 weeks(jan 8 actually!) and so far baby is now measuring 3 days ahead yet before she, at 8 weeks, was measuring 2 days ahead. so you can definitely be cautious and worried because you simply care a ton about your baby! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I have an almost 2 year old boy, and his was a very happy straightforward pregnancy. Before him I had a MMC, not picked up until 12 week scan. Logically I should have been terrified when I got pregnant with my son but I was the opposite! For some reason I just felt that lightning wouldn't strike twice and that it would be fine.
I found out on Xmas Eve I am pregnant, but I'm just really worried! I have no logical reason for this - no bleeding, cramping etc, but I can't help it! When I had a MMC I felt even before the scan that something wasn't right, so now I'm worried that maybe I'm scared for a reason! Or maybe I subconsciously think that I'm due more bad luck!
I hope this stops after the scan because I don't want to be worrying and obsessing over every little thing, for the next 8 months! I loved being pregnant with my son and was so content and chilled - I want that again!
Anyone else terrified for no reason?!

First - congratulations! :happydance: I am sure all your worries are for nothing and you and :baby: will be just fine! I also get the fears, it's so difficult to control, as I feel consumed by the pregnancy - it's constantly on my mind, and the smallest symptom freaks me out. Serenity prayer helps me keep things in perspective. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

this is my first pregnancy and i read too much on the internet and thats what got me super paranoid all through first tri. i was so paranoid about everything although something kept telling me it's fine you're alright baby's ok. i just couldn't help it! i did everything i could to take my prenatals on time just to make sure baby got all she needed. because of my paranoia, i bought a fetal heartbeat doppler earlier in pregnancy (which i rarely use now that i feel her kicking almost all the time) and i booked alot of private gender scans just to see baby wiggling and kicking on ultrasound whenever i wanted to because i dont get my official medical ultrasound until 20 weeks(jan 8 actually!) and so far baby is now measuring 3 days ahead yet before she, at 8 weeks, was measuring 2 days ahead. so you can definitely be cautious and worried because you simply care a ton about your baby! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Congrats on the :baby: and the engagement - woohoo!

I am exactly the same. Doesn't help that I keep getting cramps, which I'm told is normal, but still! I was the same last time too, and when they couldn't find LO at my 12 week scan I thought "I knew it", but it turned out the ultrasound tech was a trainee and all was absolutely fine! I think it's completely natural to worry.

I wasn't as fearful with my first pregnancy as I have been with this one so far. I think it might be because we got pregnant right away this time around and it caught me off guard, it took us 6 months to conceive with our first. Anyway, I guess part of me figures something has to be wrong, it can't go this easily, and so many women experience miscarriages that I'm having a hard time thinking I won't have one for some reason??

Big hugs hun I really hope that your worries subside soon and you can start to relax about this baby.

I was the same after my first 3 losses when I got pregnant with my boys I just new they were going to stay and didn't really worry much. My last pregnancy from the start I felt something was wrong and my intuition was right :(

This pregnancy I still worry lots but also have a feeling baby is meant to be.

Its so hard isn't it. Especially when you have been through a loss. Here's hoping your baby proves you wrong hun and congrats on your pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->