Feeling really depressed after my doctor's appointment.... :(

Ashley8806

Reaction score
I posted earlier about my doctor not letting me do a VBAC. I feel like the whole time I was there, she just kept bringing up how big I am... I know I'm big, I'm ashamed to say I'm 330 pounds. I don't look that big, but that is how much I weigh. I am healthy in every other way - no high blood pressure, no diabetes, not on any medications - NOTHING. I am in general a healthy, active person, I am just big. They made me feel like I shouldn't have gotten pregnant because I'm fat, and that I don't have options for my birth because I'm fat... I understand risks, don't get me wrong, but they weren't very nice or explaning of it at all... I'm sorry I'm ranting but I don't know where else/who else to rant to... I was big with my DD too, I actually weigh now what I did when I had her, never lost the weight.... I'm just so depressed :cry: Maybe I'll try losing weight by eating healthy food (which I feel like I've been doing anyways...).... I don't know....

Aww Ashley, doctors tend to be abrasive like that, not sure why. I'm plus sized as well and a little paranoid that they will get onto me about my weight also. Try not to take it to heart (I know it's hard) and do your best to eat healthy for your bean. BIG :hugs: & don't stress too much.

Oh hun :( im sorry that they made you feel this way, and i honestly know how you are feeling. When i was preg with my first, i gained a lot of weight, i mean a lot and never really lost it. I was big before my first as well, my doctor had told me that i shouldnt gain any weight whatsoever with the pregnancy which didnt happen cause my weight fluctuates so much. i understand how hurtful it can be. i switched to seeing a midwife and was a lot happier after doing so. she never onced criticised me or made me feel bad about my way, she was only concerned with me having a healthy baby, which i did. i would strongly suggest atleast considering a midwife or switching doctors.... you deserve more respect than that and you have a say in your birthing plans regardless.

what i will say in addition is that it really doesnt matter how big u are with some doctors. ive had doctors criticise my weight even when i was at my smallest, the same way they would now. dont be to harsh on yourself...you are beautiful

Sorry the doc made you feel that way. Losing weight right now would not really be healthy for baby - focus on eating healthy and trying to keep any gains to a minimum.

Thank you ladies - it's just so upsetting because I tried losing weight before I got pregnant but it has been very hard - and we got pregnant right away so I didn't have that much time to do so. Sometimes I just don't think they realize how their comments can be so hurtful...

And I have actually been eating well and lost 4 pounds in the last couple weeks - but of course that wouldn't matter to them... :(

Ashley- don't let insensitive jerks get you down. Some people really should choose their profession more carefully, as they have no business dealing with humans!

Sorry I'm off topic but - Floridagirl- I'm in Clearwater and saw you guys had horrible tornados up by you, hope everything is ok.

I think you should go see another doctor honestly!! I weighed 200lbs pre pregnancy and my doctor did not say a single word about my weight at all. You should have no problem giving birth or anything like. I would not put up with someone talking to me like that

Hello,

Cherr up hunny. I've been in the same boat, after I gave birth to my daughter 13 years or so ago I was 200lbs, over the years in between I've ranged between 160lbs and 200lbs. i'm now 190lbs and starting the whole pregnancy where I ended the last one. I too would have liked to be slimer but like you feel healthy and don't suffer any medical problems. I've not had any doc or midwife appointments yet....hopefully they'll be kind.

Try to think positive, eat healthy and enjoy the fact your are pregnant again! Chip up xxx

I'm sorry your doctor made you feel this way, perhaps a different doctor is not such a bad idea. All that matters is that you are healthy and that baby is healthy.

x

Ashley- don't let insensitive jerks get you down. Some people really should choose their profession more carefully, as they have no business dealing with humans!

Sorry I'm off topic but - Floridagirl- I'm in Clearwater and saw you guys had horrible tornados up by you, hope everything is ok.

Thanks Kasia, yea, it's been really bad off and on. I'm at in-laws right now because we totally lost our power, it's been out since 3pm yest! Thanks tho :hugs:

My doctor had no problem with me at all, we were even discussing a home birth, then POW just like that my BMI changed everything. I have since been moved to consultant care and no longer have my lovely midwife :(

I'm gutted to say the least, i'm meeting my doc (a guy) on 16th of may, not really looking forward to it, as many men docs in the past haven't been too sensitive about my weight!!

I mean i lost over a stone at weightwatchers before finding out i was pregnant and they won't let me back now, buh i've been eating well and losing weight since.

I wouldn't worry about their harsh words, they have no idea. You had no problems with your daughter and are in tip top condition!

Stuff them i say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"