Feeling really down

gaby

Married, but not ttc
Reaction score
Sorry, coulnt think where i should post this

Just got a phone call telling me I didnt get the job. Managed to distract myself for a while watching tv, but now i just feel so down about it. I was sure i'd get it. But i was just kidding myself i suppose. I'd have given anything to get that job, yet they say I didnt get it because I lack drive.

I was relying on that job so much. It had training, which was the reason i was so determined to get it. And i built up so much confidence during the process. I'd only had 2 interviews before going for this job, and neither were as long or well structured as these two, but I thought that went so well.

I have no idea what to do now. I dont know what jobs to look for, or if I should get a random job and do a course in something. But i'm the kind of person that gets put off really easily, and now i just dont want to look for a job anymore. I really put my heart into trying to get this one, and look where that's left me. Rejected while they hire some school kid that doesnt even have their grades yet. As soon as I saw the other girl walk out of her interview part of me knew she'd get the job. At least, i think it was just down to me and her. Could have been more for all I know, but i think i was the only one who'd already finished school.

And this morning I got a negative pregnancy test. Probably a good think i suupose, concidering DH and I and on an income of £5000, ignoring what his dad earns.

I just feel so lost again.

And I was having the best day too :(

Gaby how old are you hun? I've forgot :oops:

Interviews can be so hard but they are also experience - Nothing saying theres not a job alike somewhere? how did you hear of this one?

I'm sorry for your BFN and sorry you didn't get the job as well

But look on it as a learning experience, at least the told you why you didn't get it and this is something that can be improved on next time

Don't be down on yourself about it just dust yourself off and try again

I'm 18 wobbs. And there's really no jobs like it around here. It was already an hour away on the bus, cant really look much further away than that. There's nothing with training here. And nothing that will take you on without experience. Guess I should have stuck uni out and got into debt that way. Still, i hated uni.

I just dont get how people managed to find jobs straight out of 6th form. There's nothing. Not even sure what i want to do now. My art's not good enough to commision and my books end up not being finished, so my creativity doesnt help :(

Gaby im so sorry your feeling so down hun :hugs: :hugs:

The rght one will come along-cliche I know. Keep your chin up hun xx

I thought this was the right one. I've been job hunting since october :?

Gaby i know how you feel, I went through all this when i was job hunting a year ago. Dont loose heart something will come along. I went onto jobseekers in Feb last year, i wasnt employed untill Nov 9 months later and after hundreds of applications/cvs/spec letters.

keep your chin up :hugs:

awwwwww hugs for you hun

im not sure what to suggest as my first 2 jobs were crap when i left school at 16, my first job was cleaning public bogs for £20 a week for doing 25 hours but i needed the money :roll: and my second job was a YTS training thing working 49 hours a week in scotmid for £50 a week, slave labour :roll: but when i got my 3rd job working in McDonalds although everyone thought it was a really crap job i did love working in it, it was hard going but it was such a good laugh and the money wasnt too bad either for someone at 16 :lol: :lol:

good luck hun in finding the right job for you
xxxxxxxx

Unfortunatly when you leave education you end up in a catch 22 situation, where so many employers want experience, but how are you ment to get some when no one takes you on cause you dont have any!

What sort of work is it your looking for hun? What was this job you went for doing?

Job I was going for was a trainee tax accountant position. But I dont really have a clue what I want to do :( I have a levels in maths, physics, chemistry and religious studies. I keep looking at all the jobs available, but even if i was interested in most of them, i couldnt get them anyway because i lack experience. Even though I know i'd get really bored in something like admin, i'm probably looking to do that. Unless a web design company would take me on, lol.

Have you thought about putting you cv on some job sites or seeing if a agency would put you on their books?

If not then you need to back to the drawing board and send out your cvs to local businesses that you would ideally like to work for, it shows a bit of initiative and you may be lucky, the more interviews that you have will give you more experience.

I imagine that if you are a bit shy that you don't interview very well, i never did, but you have to try and be a bit 'chatty' in the interview.
write down why you want the job, and write down any questions you can think of. I looks goo if you can ask afew as it shows you have though about the job.

You can always add me to msn and have a chat.

Unfortunatly you need to prepare yourself for a lot of this, you often find you apply for jobs which as far as your concerned your ideal for and perfectly qualified and get your hopes up. The important thing to remember is not to take the knock backs personaly its not about you, and its not your fault, you just have to keep trying again. It can be very soul distroying when you feel like your applying for hundreds of jobs and most of them dont even get back to you. Its definaly worth signing up with employment agencies though, this will save you a lot of work, and they will just put you forward for jobs your suited to, and will be able to get honest feedback on why you dont get any. saves you doing the usuall trawl through the paper and posting your CV to everyone. Plus the type of company who use angencies are normally better companies to work for, as using an agency is expensive for companies so they are going to be more professional outfits who are likely to pay better.

https://www.suffolkjobs.net/sitehomepage.aspx

https://www.totaljobs.com/?DCMP=A_SE_GOT07_Locations_Locations_jobs+in+suffolk_Broad_def&WT.srch=1

https://www.1job.co.uk/county.php/9278/Suffolk

https://suffolk.goyocal.com/

these might help

Aw, thanks for the help hypnorm :hugs:

Yeah, I know I shouldn't take rejection to heart so much, lol. I just wish they'd teach you how to look for jobs in school, and how hard it is. They don't prepare you enough for the real world i think ^^;

I got sacked from my first job, can you imagine how that made me feel, i had no confidence, and even less self esteem.
i was too quiet and was too scared to ask for help, and everyone ignored me, they sacked me because i didnt make good progress or meet their standards, they never trained me, or helped me.
But i got qualified in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->