Feeling scared

Lauz85

Reaction score
Got my first midwife appointment later today I think I'm roughly 8 weeks, this is my 3rd pregnancy altho last one ended in mc and it's over 5 yrs since I had my son so can't really remember what to expect from my appointment ?!

In so scared of mc again and am just a wreck I'm not sure how in actually functioning tbh I have constant headache and can't sleep as I'm thinking about the most stupid things all the time :wacko:

What can I expect today ?!

Hello,

I hope it goes well, do update!

I had a mmc last year, and now pregnant, only about 5 weeks so also feeling very scared.

I would imagine your appointment may involve some blood tests and just a chat with midwife?

GOOD LUCK :)

Hello,

I hope it goes well, do update!

I had a mmc last year, and now pregnant, only about 5 weeks so also feeling very scared.

I would imagine your appointment may involve some blood tests and just a chat with midwife?

GOOD LUCK :)

I had an MMC in November and an MC in March. Just coming up to 6 weeks and also terrified. Keeping fingers for healthy pregnancies for all of us :)

Im 5 + 3 Sweetkat, hardly any symptoms though :(

have u got some?

just have bigger boobs and feel hungry a lot. I did have quite a bit of cramping last week but that's stopped too..

Im 5 + 3 Sweetkat, hardly any symptoms though :(

have u got some?

just have bigger boobs and feel hungry a lot. I did have quite a bit of cramping last week but that's stopped too..

I think I feel a tiny bit nauseous sometimes, but then I get that when tired or hungry and not pregnant. Otherwise nothing. Slight stretching feeling in the uterus sometimes and bloating. Or maybe I am just fat lol. With my daughter I didn't get MS until over 7 weeks. I did a clearblue yest and it said 3+ but that was the case with my MCs as well... I think I am going to go for an early scan at 7 weeks although I know that's also not proof everything will be ok at 12 weeks. This 12ww is hard :):baby::baby:

I am also in this boat, terrified, I had a miscarriage 4 years ago and I did have a successful pregnancy after it, but I am still terrified , I have no symptoms yet and my first hcgs were on the lower end although they doubled, I have this constant tugging feeling around my hip bones nad lower back, I think its anxiety and stress, because its not cramping. I keep TMI- checking if I Am spotting or bleeding. I just cant relax...

The way I think about it is that the MC could never have been a baby because sth went wrong with the sperm/ egg/ during implantation or fertilisation. So people say that they have lost a baby when it's really early on in the pregnancy, but actually they lost their own dream and the possibility of having a baby, because nature has decided that that pregnancy couldn't become a baby. And there is nothing we can do to fix it if sth is wrong, so I guess the way to look at it is that if a baby is meant to be, it will all be fine :)

I have had two MCs when I never ever in a million years thought I would ever have one after having my daughter and they were really tough, but we have to remember that this pregnancy has every chance of going well.

It makes me feel better anyway :). And fingers crossed we have perfect little ones this time :)

Fingers crossed for us all...

sweetkat- i did a clearblue yesterday too and got 3+, but like you, i also got that in my MMC, so i know it doesn't tell me anything really, although i guess its a good sign.

I have little achy/niggling pain in my pelvic area, don't know how to describe it. But yeah, hardly any symptoms, i want them to kick in so I feel preggers!

lemsz- i am finding it hard to relax too, always on edge. But there is not anything we can do except wait, try and keep busy with other things..

my friend calls it the second two week wait... ( til the scan)

I think I am going to go for an early scan at just over 6 weeks as last time at 6&5 they could tell baby was a lot smaller than should have been and that yolk sack was enlarged and no heartbeat. Of course sth could still go wrong after that, but will hopefully say everything is ok? I hate the not knowing and the wait :(

With my MMC at 9&3 I had morning sickness 7-8.5 weeks and then it just vanished and that's how I knew sth was wrong. With the last MC I only had slight nausea and no full blown mS at all. Now no obvious MS yet either but it's a bit early yet.....

Fingers crossed :)

I think I am going to go for an early scan at just over 6 weeks as last time at 6&5 they could tell baby was a lot smaller than should have been and that yolk sack was enlarged and no heartbeat. Of course sth could still go wrong after that, but will hopefully say everything is ok? I hate the not knowing and the wait :(

With my MMC at 9&3 I had morning sickness 7-8.5 weeks and then it just vanished and that's how I knew sth was wrong. With the last MC I only had slight nausea and no full blown mS at all. Now no obvious MS yet either but it's a bit early yet.....

good luck with scan.

I have thought about whether to get an early scan or not, doc told me too leave it and just wait for the 12 week one, but because of my MMC i just want some sort of comfort knowing i have a baby with a heartbeat this time.

im about 5.4, but in 12 days i get married ( so i am very busy), and then i go on honeymoon for a week, so once im back i will book in for one, even if i have to go private..

I hate this wait!!

good luck with scan.

I have thought about whether to get an early scan or not, doc told me too leave it and just wait for the 12 week one, but because of my MMC i just want some sort of comfort knowing i have a baby with a heartbeat this time.

im about 5.4, but in 12 days i get married ( so i am very busy), and then i go on honeymoon for a week, so once im back i will book in for one, even if i have to go private..

I hate this wait!!

That's great that you are getting married :). Very exciting. I think by 7 weeks they can definitely see a heartbeat so I am too impatient to wait after that. Had I not had the two MMCs might have waited, but as is I definitely can't.

You can get an ultrasound privately for around £100 and while I know it's a lot for me I would pay 3 times as much if they tell me everything is fine :):baby:

good luck with scan.

I hate this wait!!

That's great that you are getting married :). Very exciting. I think by 7 weeks they can definitely see a heartbeat so I am too impatient to wait after that. Had I not had the two MMCs might have waited, but as is I definitely can't.

You can get an ultrasound privately for around £100 and while I know it's a lot for me I would pay 3 times as much if they tell me everything is fine :):baby:

Its so hard to wait after a MMC... i think i can convince doc to get me an early scan, but i will hold out till after im back from holiday, should be around 7/8 weeks.

im so excited for my wedding, hope i don't feel unwell on the day though haha. Have worries i might bleed on the day, but just trying to be positive that this time everything wlll be fine.

ive got some cramping today, but i am also constipated, so it might be digestion related.

good luck with scan.

I hate this wait!!

Its so hard to wait after a MMC... i think i can convince doc to get me an early scan, but i will hold out till after im back from holiday, should be around 7/8 weeks.

im so excited for my wedding, hope i don't feel unwell on the day though haha. Have worries i might bleed on the day, but just trying to be positive that this time everything wlll be fine.

ive got some cramping today, but i am also constipated, so it might be digestion related.

I had zero cramps when my bleeding started with last MC just bleeding (until the actual miscarriage but they only lasted about an hour). So i think cramping has nothing to do with miscarriage unless you are also bleeding heavily. In all other cases it's just stretching of the uterus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->