Feeling selfish

genies girl

Reaction score
Ive just found out that two more lovely friends are pregnant and once again im in bits i feel so selfish and horrible and i know that tommorow i will wish them well and be so happy for them but today i just feel so sad and jelouse i hate myself for it! Luckily i heard the knews from another friend (who was nervous about telling me how sad is that) so they dont know how selfish i am but i feel so sad and alone!:cry:

It is natural to feel that way, you are not selfish at all. I went onto a friends facebook who gave birth a few days ago and broke down in tears. You are not alone in feeling this way and your time will come too xx

You're not alone sweetheart, we've all felt that at some time while TTC, even more so in the LTTTC forum where some have been trying for years and years with no success.

:hugs:

It is natural, even if we do end up feeling a little ashamed of ourselves.

I know , I think i just needed to get the stress out somewhere x

well here is the place hun, we all know how you feel and can sympathise with you sending a big :hug: your way

imagine feeling resentment and hate towards your teenage sister for accidently getting pregnant- and you cant :-( i love her, and so excited to be an aunty for the first time, but I want to have a baby too- after 6 months, nada :-( xx

Hi,
It is totally normal to feel like that it does not mean you are selfish at all :hugs:
I always feel numb and empty in side when people tell me they are pregnant and put on a really pleased looking face when congratulating them and ask them lots of questions like when is it due ect.. then go home and have a little cry in self pitty :rofl: then pick my self up and think dont be so horrible :wacko:
At least you had some pre warning befor you see them so you can act all happy for them as they will prob feel a bit awkward telling you as I know I did when i had my dd i felt very guilty for being preg when i had friends trying for just as long as me and found it really hard being around them and being excited about it and we did stop being as close so i always now make sure i put in the effort to keep the friendships going with all my friends who have baby number two on the way as i know it is hard for them too, sorry for long ramble i have been on both sides so can see it both ways and totally feel your hart ache :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Its so hard isnt it, ill bounce back all you can do really isnt it x

It is all you can do you are right xx

I know how you feel hun - this week's been really tough anyway with 3 friends/family friends having babies but then one of my closest friends who already has a young baby and didn't want any more and wasn't trying told me she was pregnant. I wanted to scratch her eyes out, even though on the surface I am really happy for her. She understands as she knows how much I want another baby but her understanding doesnt me pregnant does it?

Big love hun.

btw - anyone I know?

I am right with you! I just put on a different thread, tomorrow I go back to work after the summer holidays, I will see two friends return from maternity and one friend who is due in 3 weeks! I am so happy for them but when you have been TTC for a year it breaks your heart everytime! I want to scream and shout "great but when is it my turn!!!!" :growlmad:

I know daisii im back to work after the summer too to lots of new familys with babys so i feel for you.

Dragon Mummy one is a school person but its not common knowledge yet so id better keep stum i was told to be pre warned before news came out!

It is natural to feel that way, you are not selfish at all. I went onto a friends facebook who gave birth a few days ago and broke down in tears. You are not alone in feeling this way and your time will come too xx

Facebook is awful for baby pictures!! Even the people you didnt particularly like, you find yourself looking at their baby pics.....awful!

It will be our turn soon though :hugs: x

you are so right! facebook is horrid! I am so fed up of seeing what someones *new cot* or *new nursery* looks like! Having said that if it were me with the BFP............

I can't be too cross as the people in question don't know we have been TTC for a year! but it does make you want to crawl away and have a weep!

I feel exactly the same way. EVERYONE it seems is having babies and I believe it has made me a little bitter. So you arent alone by any means. One day it'll be our day and someone else in the world will envy us and have the same emotions

I know daisii im back to work after the summer too to lots of new familys with babys so i feel for you.

Dragon Mummy one is a school person but its not common knowledge yet so id better keep stum i was told to be pre warned before news came out!

ARGH wanna know now!

Facebook is awful for baby pictures!! Even the people you didnt particularly like, you find yourself looking at their baby pics.....awful!

It will be our turn soon though :hugs: x

Here here! Facebook is an awful thing! My friend and I started ttc around the same time, she has since had her baby and i'm still waiting! Everytime I visit my facebook page I am confronted by pictures of her beautiful baby, I dont want to look because it hurts, but I cant help myself.
Then I beat myself up for being so selfish, all these negative thoughts are probably not helping me concieve!

I cannot believe I have kept all these feelings to myself for a whole year of TTC, why did I not join bnb sooner?!?!?! It is so great to know I am not the only one! Thanks ladies.

Heehee we all think it but we cant say it....only on here :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->