• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feeling so alone :(

Midnightie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 11 weeks pregnant and lately I've been feeling so alone and depressed all the time, I know I should be exited about having another baby, but I feel really scared about how life is going to change again. Don't get me wrong, this baby was planned and I really wanted a second child, but I can't help but feeling scared and alone.

I have a partner and while I guess he tries to help, he's probably just as clueless as I am as to what to do. I have a 3 year old who I spend all day with him, but lately I don't feel like I have the energy to play or do anything. I dread waking up in the morning because I know I'll have to go through feeling sick and feeling alone. Nothing feels interesting anymore and I don't feel like I have nothing to look forward to right now (I know, I'm having a baby, but that feels like ages away).

I'm also looking for a job with no luck, which is making me feel even worse. I feel stuck at home, I don't have many friends to places with and I really feel like I have nowhere to go (prenatal yoga is starts at 18 weeks in my area, so I'll have to wait a while).

At 10 weeks my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat of the baby, and I have a scan until the 8th of October, so I need to wait two weeks still to be able to see if my baby is okay. I'm super paranoid and thinking the worst, I just want to hear my baby's heartbeat already... :(

I really hate feeling this way.... I don't know what to do :(

Sorry you are feeling this way. I really hope that everything is ok at your scan. Sending lots of hugs x

I feel the same really. This is my first pregnancy, I'm an anxious/worrier person anyway so this is really making me fear the massive changes to come. I am not currently excited at all, I think people are often afraid to say they are anything other than deliriously happy but lots of women have different feelings, it's a very emotional time, even if it isn't your first. And feeling like crap must be much worse when you have a kiddie to mind and entertain, but all you can do is your best.

Have you told anyone yet, family, friends? I haven't, and I think this is contributing to my feelings of loneliness. Even though I was there for a friend while she cried about a surprise pregnancy last year (who is now the most lovable baby ever and they are getting on great) I feel like I am the only person EVER to go through this, the fear, the shock, the loneliness with my thoughts. Logically I know most women must feel like this some bit, I would love to be one of the ones who just goes into this with blind happiness, never doubting that the baby will be perfectly fine and it'll all work out!

Not sure if any of that helps, just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and don't feel bad for not being excited. :flower:

I can imagine how scary it might feel the first time Lithodora, bringing a new life is a life changing event regardless of how many times it happens. My partner knows how I'm feeling and tries to help but I still feel the same. I only have two friends that I feel I can talk to about this, but one is pregnant aswell and going through a lot of stuff and the last thing she needs if my rants lol :p, the other one I kinda mentioned some aspects of it and she told me it's probably the hormones, which do play a big role, but whatever it is, I just want to feel okay. I don't really feel like I have much of a support group or at least distractions, or maybe in my state of mood I don't see them. I believe the job search is also bringing a huge lot more stresses that are bringing me down as well, in a time that stress is the last thing I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"