• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feeling so discouraged :(

t1017

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and do not post very often. But I feel like I really need to write down my feelings otherwise I will go crazy. I am feeling very emotional over our TTC journey. I never once thought that it would be this hard or taxing to conceive, I suppose that is because so many people have "we weren't even trying babies." I stopped my birth control in April of this year and still have not gotten my first real post birth control period. It is very difficult to chart, test, ect without having a measure of time or days. Everyday I think is this the day my period will arrive (SERIOUSLY!! I remember the days of dreading it!). My hubby is feeling flustered because I think of everything as symptom (because seriously I could be pregnant at any time, although, its probably not likely!). I think he is starting to think of it more as a chore vs fun.
I started Vitex 1000mg a week ago, so far I have noticed no changes. I was at the doctors earlier this month and labs were drawn and she stated all was normal and to return in 6 months if period is still not back. To me, it feels like that is a lot of wasted time!!

Sorry for rant, I am just feeling very emotional this am and feel like my hubby doesn't understand and thinks it will happen when it happens! And we have not told anyone else. So it kind of feels like I am alone in this journey :(

I didn't want to read & run, I hope things get better & more in a routine for you soon xx
It took me 1yr & 4 months to conceive our first (I had complications with my ovaries which resulted in needing an op) Not that that's what you want to hear, but it did happen in the end!!! My cycles (after coming off BC) were 45 to 60 days apart! It was very frustrating.

I am now trying for my 2nd, I came off BC in June & have so far had 1 cycle, im not getting my hopes up this time round (I feel lucky to have my son so if I fall this will be a bonus if not it wasn't ment to be)

I'll cross my fingers for you Xxxxxxxxx

Thank you! You sure are lucky to have a precious little one! :) I am sure it will happen for you soon with TTC #2! :)

Hiya hun I just wanted to share a little story with you hopefully to give you a little encouragement.

When my friend came off depo she didn't have a period for months and months. When it got to 8 months without a period the doctor started doing tests, taking bloods every week, monitoring her hormone levels etc. She was basically told she wasn't producing any hormones at all and was told she most likely would never have children. Then one day she went in to do her weekly tests and the doc told her she was pregnant. A scan the next day showed she was already 10 weeks along.

She now has 2 children and never had a proper period the whole time from coming off depo until long after #2 was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"