Feeling soo anxious - advice needed x

lazydaisybaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just wanted to let off some stuff going on in my head!!!! I am soooo anxious about this pregnancy its untrue!!! Its because i lost Harry in May(at 18wks) so now i am petrified something will go wrong with this pregnancy too!!! Plus i have had IVF to get here which just makes me so much more paranoid!!!!

I get an early scan, but its not till i am 7+3, whereas previously they have been at 6+4 with my other pregnancies. These are done at the hosp where i had IVF, as an after care process, but i really want it earlier!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure deep down i know everythings ok, but i thought that with harry and things went catasrophically wrong with him! I was always of the thought it would never happen to me..... but it did!!!!!!

I have a wonderful bereavement midwife, who my DH has told me to phone and have a chat with, but i dont think i will feel better until i see my little babies heartbeat. Does anyone know what i mean, what should i do? Wait till 3rd Nov or really push for NHS scan? I am not sleeping and feeling pretty down! I have even considered going to pay for a private scan, does that sound silly??!!

Thanks for reading my waffle ladie, hope you and bumps are all ok!

xxx

Hi lazydaisybaby

I can totally empathise with you - I'm stressed too. I haven't gone as far down the infertility journey as you - my baby is a clomid baby. I can't stop worrying either.

Have you got the money for a private scan to set your mind at rest? Or yes, call the NHS and tell them you are beside yourself with worry - they may come to your aid.

Good luck - most people go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies the 2nd time round - fingers crossed for you.

J
xxx

It doesn't sound silly at all! I have never been in your position so I can't really say how I would feel but I'd try and wait maybe.. If you have good feelings about it, maybe that's a positive sign?

I think it is perfectly natural to be a little worried. The trick is not letting it consume you.I worked with someone last year who made people turn off the microwave before she entered the staffroom...

Thanks for your replies ladies

I have put a call in to my bereavement midwife, so will wait till she calls me back, she always has all the answers lol!

I have decided to leave the scan where it is, as what will be will be and it will be nicer to see slightly bigger bubs than if i bought it forward!

:hug:

It doesn't sound silly at all. I felt exactly the same, I was getting pains and bleeding and felt sooo scared.

We paid for a private 8 week scan just to see the heartbeat. It was at a place in Nottingham called window to the womb and cost £45.. it was worth every penny just to put my mind at rest!

A lot of places that do the 4D scans will also do reassurance scans. I found it less hassle than the NHS. Idid have a 5 week scan for the same thing, but ended up at the hospital for absoloutely hours. I was done in 15 mins with the private scan, I'ddefinetly reccomed them if you can afford it :)

Although I have never lost a baby in pregnancy, I have lost a daughter Neonatally at 5 days old so have some idea how you feel. Ive also spoke to many women who have lost babies in their 2nd and 3rd trimester and seen the pain they have been through.
Im so anxious, like you. Im expecting everything to go wrong, like it did with Eve, and cant seem to be able to picture myself holding a baby in 34 weeks time.
I would wait until your scan hun, because if you go now, and dont see the heartbeat, you will be even more worried.
I had a scan on Monday and they thought they saw the sac (5 weeks) and now im worried sick about my 7 week scan, in case theres no baby.
Sending you loadsa love hun, p.m me if you ever want a chat
Lora xxxxx

Hey if you wait out till november 3rd it will be my birthday and I can give you all that happy sticky birthday wishes from me to you(well not quite i already promised someone else some baby boy dust as her ultrasounds the day after) but you can have lots too...

And not you dont sound overly anxious you sound just like i would if it were me.

Loraloo, i am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful daughter, it can be such a cruel world! I am sure everything will be fine at your 7 wk scan, when do you have that? I've been told 5 wks is too early to see a hb or fetal pole, there should just be a sac, so sounds spot on to me. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Kellysays2U, thanks for offering your baby dust on the 3rd, i will take as much as you can muster, i will hold out till then! Oh and a happy birthday for that day too!

I just wish pregnancy didnt take over my whole mind, body and soul! I wish i was one of these ladies that just falls first month trying and sails through pregnancy, but i suppose what doesnt kill us will make us stronger!!!!!!! I am just wishing each day away (something i swore i would never do again) and just want to stay tucked up in my PJ's till the 3rd. Dont think my DD will allow that tho lol!!!!!!! :rofl:

Thanks again everybody

:hug:

Best of luck to you and lots of pixie dust hun xxx
You aren't being silly,its perfectly natural to worry especially with what you have been through.

I had an early scan at 5 weeks and they could't see anything because too early and I got myself worked into a state.
I went back week later and saw baby and HB.

Best of luck to you and your baby (((hugs)))

I feel like I can partially understand what some of you are feeling. Luckily I haven't experienced any of the traumatic events that some of you have, but I think for some people, me included, even though this is a very exciting time, it's also a bit terrifying. I'm really trying not to think about all the ways it could go wrong. I'd love to be a bit more like my OH and just believe innocently that things are perfect and nothing can go wrong....but I know that's not always true. I'm just trying now to enjoy things and not worry about what could happen, just enjoy what is happening. Oh and I'm thinking about taking up a new little hobby, crocheting...I want to make a blanket for the baby. I'm hoping it'll help to calm me a bit when I'm feeling anxious! I'll let ya know if it works!
Good luck and lots and lots of :dust: to you all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->