Feeling sorry for myself and need your positive thoughts

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting about being ill but I'm soooo fed up now.

The anti sickness tablets the em doc prescribed seem to stop the vomiting (just!) but I still feel sooo nauseas. I still have diahorrea with a vengence too :(

I haven't been ill like this in a long time, I hate it, I can barely make it from bed to the toilet, I keep getting really bad shakes and then I'm boiling hot. Also I've now got backache from lying in bed all day!

Sorry for the moan, I'm just sooo thirsty too I want to guzzle a glass of water but I know it'll come straight back up. Oh and at least once an hour (sometime more) I get a wave of pain across my belly that hurts :( it just sucks.

Can you please all send positive thoughts for this to be gone by tomorrow morning? I have my induction booked for 8pm and I realllly dont want to postpone it as otherwise I might not be home for Christmas.

Sorry again for the moan :cry: I just feel awful and I hate it.

awe hun,that sounds awful
I hope you'll feel better by tomorrow.
Good luck.:)

Oh hun, I'm so sorry you're so ill.

With the shakes and the hot flashes, have you taken your temperature??

No I haven't snoopy...we don't have a thermometor, except the babies ear one (can I use that?)

it's only happening when I get out of bed....as soon as I get to te toilet I shake like mad, then when I get back to bed I'm hot. It regulates itself quite quickly though once I'm back in bed.

I don't see why you can't use the baby one. If you're registering anything over 38 you need to call the MW, k? :hugs::hugs:

Oh No - that sounds awful. And especially with your induction right around the corner.
I hope you are feeling much better soon :hugs: :hugs:
xx

awwww sweetie!!! lotsa hugs and love and i hope all this nasty stuff stops happenig! not long to go now darling!!! yu will meet ur bubba soon! xoxoxoxoxo

I don't see why you can't use the baby one. If you're registering anything over 38 you need to call the MW, k? :hugs::hugs:

Thanks snoopy (again!!) I just took a reading and it was 37.7, then I took 2 more and they were 37.4.

I think that's ok. My main worry now is the anti sickness pills I have say take 3 daily....I've had 3 already since 10am :( they just don't work for very long.

That doesn't sound too bad - if you were charting when TTC you might know what your normal pregnancy temp is. Do take paracetamol regularly though to keep your temp under control - fever in third tri can be quite dangerous.

Try to rest as much as possible. Have a bucket by the bed (bugger the dignity!) and keep your fluids up. If you throw up, you throw up - it's your body's way of responding as best it can and I echo what someone said earlier - better out than in. Just don't dehydrate.....if you're worried about that, pinch the back of your hand to test it. If the skin doesn't spring back quickly then you're dehydrated. Sip water slowly or it might make you feel more nauseous.

I was on the pill when I concieved so I have no idea what my temp should be!! I think that's the first time I've had my temp taken since I was about 6!!

Hehe the bucket has been carried with me all day! I'm used to it now as I had frequent gallstone attacks for a while and that always made me sick!

I'm slowly sipping water and also the manky rehydration sachet thing. It keeps coming back up into my mouth (sorry that's gross!) but I'm trying my hardest to keep fluids in. I might go and have a quick bath to ease the back and belly ache.

:hugs: That sounds absolutely horrid. Sounds like you're doing your best in a bad situation.

How're you feeling now chick? Any better? Do keep taking your temp hun, just to make sure :)

Just to let you know, my pregnancy temp is normally somewhere between 37.2 and 37.4, and when I had 'flu in November it went up to 38.8 at its peak. Whether it was swine 'flu or another strain will remain a mystery, but I've honestly never felt so rotten in my life....even the one other time I've had 'flu.

I really hope you start to feel better soon hun x

Thanks for that info hun, I slept for about 4 hours and was really hot when I woke up, took my temp and it was 38. I took the duvet off for 5 mins and it went down to 37.2 so I think I was just too cosy in bed!

I just ate a slice of dry toast and it was sooo nice, it doesn't look like it's going to reappear either :) I've also had a few sips of lucozade which was yummy.

I've said to my OH if I'm still not 100% by Midday tomorrow I'll have to call the hospital and see what they say (I'm presuming they'll ask me to go in Monday morn instead) does Midday sound like a good bench mark?

I'm sorry you feel so rubbish! I hope you start to feel much better soon x

:hugs:

Sending BIGGGG hugs!! :(

Will they postpone induction if you are still poorly tomorrow?

:hugs: xx

Tbh, I'd expect them to reschedule once you're feeling better. I'm not sure of your backstory and why you're having the induction (I'm sorry, my memory is absolutely shot these days), but if there's no emergency it'd be better to not put you through that. Midday sounds like a reasonable benchmark, but please don't force yourself or make it sound like you're better than you are :) x

I dunno to be honest Suz, when I called earlier to see what they said, she told me not to go in as I might infect others, so I called the em doc to prescribe stuff.

I'm presuming if I'm still ill they won't want me there (as they do inductions on the mat ward) so I could pass it onto the newborns.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see. I still feel rough but nowhere near as bad! If I can eat and drink by lunchtime tomorrow then I guess the bug will be gone and I can go in.

This has not helped the damn pile situation though!!!!

So sorry you're. not feeling better. I really hope it clears, things do seem to be looking up if you could keep the toast and lucazade down. Fingers crossed for tomorrow x

Nooooooo the piles! Damn stupid things they are!

Awww hun, I don't know what to say :(

(Oh and Snoopy I hope you are around when I need advice - you know everything :flower: )

I won't push it snoopy as if I'm not 100% there's no way I'd want to labour feeling like rubbish!

They were inducing due to high BP so I guess it's not a real emergency for me to have it done tomorrow.

I do feel a lot better though, so fingers crossed :) if I can eat a meal by tomorrow afternoon then I'll head in. I haven't been sick since 1pm today so it's looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->