feeling sorry for myself

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
I can't help it!

A friend has got pregnant first time after having sex when she was ovulating and not even telling her oh! I know she's my friend and I am happy for her but I've had a blow by blow account of all symptoms and pictures of tests and text at 5 in the morning

so now that's 3 friends who have gotten pregnant and had their babies, two who are expecting and my sister who had her baby, in the two years we've been trying :'(

I've never felt so down about it! I know it doesn't get me anywhere! I can't stop crying lol

I've had tests, oh had his swimmers checked and there is no reason! (Other than my weight which I'm trying to lose, 14 off so far)

if one more person says 'don't try so hard' one more time!!!!

sorry I just felt like I needed to vent

Just got a call from a friend to say she's 6 weeks pregnant. I cried too. It's tough when you want it so bad and its so unfair. :hugs:

Feeling for you Biscuitbaby.

Sometimes it seems so terribly unfair and sometimes there is nothing for it but to have a cry. :hugs:

I think your friend should try to be a little bit more sensitive in the way she talks to you about her PG. I am sure that you are being very kind and excited for her. But texts at 5am and a blow by blow description of anything relating to PG are just cruel when you know that your friend has been TTC for 2 years.

:hugs:
I wish I had comforting words, except to say hang in there! I've not been TTC as long as you but I understand the hurt.
My best friend (the only one who knows we're TTC) asked me yesterday if I was pregnant yet and I said no. Her reply? "Great, that's good for me" and then launched in to a 15 minute rant about how irritating pregnant women are. Gotta say it hurt.

I remember you posting about this friend before. Sounds like she's still pushing boundaries!!

I'm in the same situation... everyone I know seems to be getting pregnant and I'm just here waiting for my turn. They suddenly get all this "wisdom" (smugness) and tell me "oh your turn will come soon, just stop trying and it will happen" and I feel like shouting at them to shut up!!!!

Ps, also, this says we've been TTC for nearly 2 months but we were NTNP for a few months beforehand.. We had to do the grown up and responsible thing and wait for a better time.... worst decision ever :mad:

Thanks ladies xx

yeah I posted about her before, she annoyed me that because she thought she was pregnant her body wanted her to eat loads of junk food:-(

I am happy for her! I know I feel rubbish but I can see how excited she is, I can see that she's nervous and excited and I've tried to reassure her!

she messages me constantly on Facebook so I closed my account, my husband works with her so I've asked him to ask her to be a bit gentle about it lol but I can see that he's upset because I was upset!

its such a tricky situation because I don't want to come across i don't care about her, I genuinely do xx I just feel rubbish about me

Oh there are no words only :hugs:
I hope she can give you some space

I totally understand how you feel.

My friend had so many abortions then finally decided to keep her daughter. It's so irritating because I feel like the people who do not want kids or people who abuse getting pregnant the first however many times are always the ones popping up pregnant. Like why can't that be me!!?? I won't abort my child, I won't go out partying leaving my baby with family, I won't have different men around my baby.

It's hard.

I understand how you feel...my best friend got pregnant the first night out with her now husband, and I have a friend that is due in a month that got pregnant by accident. We also have married friends that were in our wedding party that are expecting in September, though I am sure they were trying for a while...anyway...advice I read on here somewhere that makes me feel better about others getting pregnant...

Being angry or upset or jealous about other people getting pregnant, accidentally, more quickly, or to seemingly unfit parents, will not make your TTC journey anymore easy. It will not make you happier. It will not make the process faster.

When I think about this it makes me feel at peace and I try to remember that I don't know everyone's story, past, present or future.

ugh... i was wondering if this was "the one" who thought she was pregnant bc of junk food. That just makes me furious FOR you!! pictures at 5am?! i definitely think you could let her know in a very kind way that you are excited for her, but sad for yourself. That you will do anything for her, but play by plays are unnecessary and heartbreaking. Im so sorry. Im so thankful that i have friends that know my situation and are more sensitive when they get pregnant (there have been tons unfortunately). So i know exactly how you feel!!! i hope she calms down for your sake. Do you think you will say anything to her yourself? im just interested...i hope you do :haha:

I hate that!!! There's a lady at my work who is about to pop. My sister just entered her second trimester. A friend of mine is pregnant! Grrrr! I know it's frustrating! My daughter is 5 years old, so that means I've been off of BC for over 3 years!!! We haven't been actively TTC for all of that time, but it's still frustrating. Hang in there and yes, I also believe crying is about all you can do. I also find keeping myself extremely busy helpful. I'm really hoping you feel better soon.

It's ok to feel sorry for yourself for a bit as long as you pick yourself up again.
Stress and depression are a huge factor on not being able co concieve. And that's why people generally say stop trying or relax and it will happen.
But once you have been TTC for so long it's hard to just switch off the TTC thoughts lol!
I have my fingers crossed that you get your bfp really soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->