feeling terrible

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
sometimes when im asleep i dont wake up to my baby and i feel so terrible for it and i dont know what to do i live at home with mum and dad and twice my dad has had to come in and wake me and twice my mum has given him his bottle how am i not waking up!!! so at the moment i cant let myself sleep im too scared of being a bad mum and not waking up is there anything i can do or is there anyone else out there who has not woken up or am i the only bad mother here

Its happened to me a few times , its because of exhaustion hun and part knowing someone is there if you dont wake up ..

I cant offer any advice as I wake up to him just moving around , but your not a bad a mom :)

are you a deep sleeper? If your LO's not in the same room as you and your a deep sleeper, its quite easy to sleep through, i do it sometimes :)

im not really a deep sleeper and hes in my room so i should wake up

i no its different but my oh doesnt wake up to zane crying. he can scream n scream n he stays asleep wish i cud lol.

ur not a bad mum at all n just think him wont remember it anyway so its not doing any harm.

Now zane wakes up and doesnt make a noise hes lying in his cot for ages b4 i wake up and get him out lol

Yeah max dose that he will lay there and I dont even know hes awake lol i feel bad after

i feel bad too im like how long have u been awake lol but its me gettin my own back for all the sleepless nights bless him

lol yeah hubby laughs cause he can sleep through an earthquake lol

I have slept through Phoebe crying twice since we brought her home, my OH has had to wake me up to tell me. I think it is due to exhaustion but I did feel terrible for not hearing her.

must be exhaustion uhn
sorry no advice from me
it happened to me as well
2 weeks ago i think LO woke up at around 3am and i slept through until 5:30am when he woke up again for feeding. He usually feeds every few hours and that time he went 6-7 hours without food. How bad did i feel ?.....
i felt so bad because i had the baby monitor next to my ears, but mil went into his room and put him back to sleep

Don't feel bad, you're definitely not a bad mum, it just sounds like you're knackered. Do you think your mum would take over the night feeds for one night, just so you can recover a little? xx

i have done that so i know how terrible it can make you feel, it sounds like you are exhausted - try getting sleep during the day when baby is napping to recover some energy and if that doesn't help go and see your doctor as things like low iron can make you feel even more tired and can be treated effectively

Yeah I've done that too! Including one night in the hospital.

I think we've all done it at one point chick, dont worry

Me and my OH have both done that a couple times. It was mostly when Aiden was under 6 months old. It was just exhaustion. We also live with my mom and step-dad, so on night like that my mom would wake us up or give Aiden his bottle. After the first night he slept through, there hasn't really been a problem (although he doesn't sleep through very regularly).

Another thing I found that happened to me was if Aiden was laying in his swing or bouncer chair and I knew he was still awake when I fell asleep, I wouldn't wake up. So I always had to make sure I was awake when he was.

Oh, and our son sleeps in our room right next to the bed in his crib, and we were still having problems.

It doesn't make you a bad mom, hun. As you can see, you're not the only one this has happened to. I hope you get some much deserved rest soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->