Feeling Useless

harmonybunny

Mummy to Murphy
Reaction score
I know that i'm being silly but i can't help but feel utterly useless atm. My little man isn't feeling very well and i hate the fact that there seems to be very little i can do to take the pain away.
He has a really bad tummy just now. We had him at the dr a few nights ago because everytime he fills his nappy he screams as if it burns. He's had dirty nappies in double figures every day for the past two days. The dr thinks it may either be a reaction to Infacol or something in my diet that isn't agreeing with him that he is taking in through my milk. I've stopped the Infacol but he still isn't much better and i'm cutting out everything from my diet that i think could possibly cause this such as spicy food and dairy. I just hate to think that it's me that could have caused it. He seems to be fine and is all smiles and hugs when he isn't pooing but when it comes it's awful and i just have to hug him until the pain goes away. He has also had two hospital appointments this week because he has a suspected Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney. He had an ultrasound and has to go back for another one wherethey will inject dye into him before the scan to see if the bad kidney has any function. It's just such an emotional time atm and he troops through with a smile on his little face but i just can't help feeling like i should be able to make him better. It's horrible feeling so redundant. Even though i know that he is happy and i do everything i can to ensure he's a contented little chap i still feel awful.

Aww hun :hugs:
We went through having to have a nuclear scan with Violet and it was awful when they put the cannula in, but the actual scan itself is fine. They just get strapped to a machine and that's it - nothing touches them or anything.

She's also suffering from really bad nappy rash so I completely relate to how you're feeling... She hardly ever cries but at each nappy change she shakes really bad, cries and has proper tears so I feel awful. I feel guilty that there's nothing I can do - I've tried everything and feel so useless as well.

Don't really have much advice but wanted to say that it's in no way your fault and all you can do is comfort him as much as possible. Don't be too hard on yourself :hugs:

:hug: you are going through a tough time, and clearly doing everything possible to make your DS happy - which is why he's smiling!! He knows his Mummy loves him very much.

Aw, poor you. Took me ages to work out it was tomatoes disagreeing with my boo, sometimes its weird stuff. Anything odd you been eating recently?

:hugs: But if your LO is so happy, surely that means you're doing something very unuseless to make him so happy..?

You sound like an excellent mum, with some very understandable worries. I hope his tummy clears up and the kidney stuff goes OK...

Thank you for the reassurance ladies. I know in my heart that i'm doing all i can but i suppose it's just a mum thing to always want to do more. I haven't a clue what foods might be causing it tbh, i've been wracking my brains and coming up clueless. I might kep a diary for a week or so chrting what i'm eating daily and see if i can find a pattern emerging.
Faille: I'm dreading the scan, i just hope that the canula going in isn't too upsetting for him. I'm no good at all with needles so i hope i can hold it together in order to comfort him. I have visions of passing out lol! I think holding him might be a job for daddy that day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"