Feeling very dizzy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Dream.A.Dream, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

I feel really really dizzy today. My head keeps going as if I'm going to pass out. Even when I'm sat down. Anyone know what this could be? :shrug: xx

2. glong88

glong88 Mummy to 2 boys and a princess

I dont no what it could be, but something like this happened to me today. I was at hairdressers wen i came over VERY hot, sweating lots and felt so dizzy, was such a horrible experience... anyone have any ideas?

3. MummyKaya

MummyKaya Guest

Sounds like pretty normal pregnancy symptoms I was hot and dizzy throughout my pregnancy, although if persists and is really bad get someone to check your blood pressure, at one point for me around 30weeks it dropped to 72/48 (I'm normally 115/60!)

4. Dream.A.Dream

I really feel awful. I'm just sitting here not doing anything at all and I keep having to fight to stay conscious. xx

5. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

Hope it goes away soon babe:hugs:
    prob one of the most horrible side effects of pregnancy
    i get them random dizzy spells too... quite a fair bit lately
    and hate them... xx

6. MummyKaya

MummyKaya Guest

I'm sure I read somewhere severe dizzyness can also be a sign your aneamic (sp?) Did your mw check youre hb and iron when you had your 28week bloods? Like I said before dizzyness is common in preg and I had it bad everyday but never to the point I was fighting consciousness better get yourself checked hunni x

7. Dream.A.Dream

I had my blood pressure checked at the chemist to see if it was that and it is pretty low for me. They said not dangerously low but quite so if not feeling better tomorrow call MW as I could be dehydrated. (I'm still being sick all the time) xx

8. 2bananas

2bananas Mummy of 2

I've had on and off severe dizzyness at different stages throughout this preg.

Really not anything to worry about unless its coupled with other symptoms. Its caused by low blood pressure, i know just how horrible it is. The thing thats worked best for me is sitting down with my feet up on front of me - have you got a stool you can rest them on or something like it. Unfortunately there is no real fix for it but so long as you rest up it will remedy itself - this had taken several days sometimes. But the important thing is not to worry.

hope you are feeling better soon xxx

9. 2bananas

2bananas Mummy of 2

forgot to mention that - drink plenty of fluids too xx

10. natlee

natlee Pregnant - 2nd trimester!

I had this a few weeks back, its horrible isnt it? i was just sitting down on the sofa eating food and i suddenly felt like the whole room was spinning? i got all hot and bothered and when i stood up felt like i was stupidly drunk?! it wasnt nice at all, i am anemic so my midwife said it was probably that and to up my tablet dosage to 3 a day. She also just advised me to drink plenty of fluids and to just take it easy. Also, just keep an eye on your blood pressure, i get dizzy alot when my b/p's playing up! ..
    Hope you are feeling better soon :hugs: x