Feels like a knife stabbing my vagina

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
What is that pain?? I thought I was going to DIE!!!! Out of nowhere, I got shooting pains in my vagina! It has happened twice in the last 10 mins. Hurts like HELL!!! No bleeding, or discharge.... anyone else get that? What is it?!?!

Ouch! I hate them, I also get them up my bum too they are horrible. I'm not sure what it is really. I haven't had one in a while, I used to get them pretty frequently in 2nd tri, but not so much anymore. Just ligaments and nerves I am guessing.

yup, i had this kind of pain a few times, too. happened during my transition from second tri to third. hope you feel better soon, Dukechick.

I get them as well. I think it is the baby pressing on the pelvic bone. Not a comfortable feeling for sure. I find it extremely hard to sit straight up now.

Hope you feel better hun.

ive had this too... not very pleasant if i do say so myself... i never thought to ask my midwife about it though cause it went away after a couple minutes... i havent actually had one in a while... i hope you feel better soon!

ive had this recently too hun! guessing its part of the fun of pains and niggles of pregnancy that no one tells you about hehe x

It's round ligament pains! Had them and was convinced I had a bladder infection. That's exactly what it felt like. Stabbing pain in my vagina. The dr said the ligaments run right out of the vagina.

Snap I had these really bad too,but have not had any for a while,like btrfly said it seemed to happen a lot at the end of 2nd tri then stop.Hope you feel a bit more comfortable soon!x

I had round ligament pain for a while too. You should grow out of it. :)

I'm having them, have had them for a while now. I think it's all normal, baby putting pressure on your pelvic bone xox
Does hurt like hell, had a couple last night, was in tears, couldn't stand up straight xox

after like 36,37 weeks these pains could be the cervix effacing, before that just ligaments or fixing pains.

hmmm. i never would have thought of them as round ligament pains... its just not what you would expect it to feel like... hmmm... ive had lots of other sharp pains in like my side though... they just started like two days ago and its awful!

Yeah when I heard round ligament pain I expected them to feel more like soreness when you do too many sit-ups. But then I had them and they were shooting and sharp. Dr said that's what they feel like.

Yep and I am getting it now... Had about 7 jabs int he past 1 minute lol I feel like he is going to pop a finger out. Kind of feels like my water is going to break..

aahahaha! This happened to me just the other day while I was in the kitchen making lunch with my dad, I was rambling on about something and all of a sudden I was like "ooooOOoOoo ow ow ow ow OOWWWW" grabbing the stool to sit on, and my dad was all freak faced and said "what the heck is wrong with you?!!?" me "ahhhh! hold on dad, im getting this nasty sharp pain and the only thing that's helping is me doing a keagle!!" my dad started laughing hysterically and I kept snapping saying "shut up! shut up! shut up! just feel lucky to be a man, damnit!!!" :rofl: I didn't hear the end of it all day!! :laugh2: ahh pregnancy and the joys it brings, eh? :hugs: :D

My Mum had this with me and was told that she was in very slow labour. It went on for 2 weeks before she went on to full blown labour x x x

I had these loads with my first, had a few this time but nowhere near as many! they really hurt, like a knife jabbing you, def stops you in your tracks..

Yep, had them too. Again,like others, not so much in the past week, but at least when I get them again, I'll know it's normal!!
Never had so many unusual aches and pains in my life!!!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->