Fell pregnant whist on the pill!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by vixta, Aug 31, 2009.

1. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

My boyfreind thinks that i purposely never took my pill as i have fallen pregnant.... but i swear i took it every day and i dont really understand how i am now pregnant when i had birth control pills! the bf thinks i am just lying to him ... dont know how to convince him otherwise. has anyone else ever gotten pregnant whist taking the pill?

2. belladonna

belladonna Well-Known Member

It is possible as its only 98% effective or something like that.

Did you have any sickness or diahorrea recently? Or were you taking any other medicines? These would stop the pill from working properly.

3. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

I suffer sometime from mild bouts of IBS. I can't remember if i had any last month, maybe i did, that would explain it. My sister got pregnant with her son when she was on the pill too and she suffers with IBS.

4. Sazzoire

Sazzoire Well-Known Member

My sister got pregnant whilst on the pill but she also had a course of antibiotics.... they weren't compatible

xx

5. hopeforamirac

hopeforamirac Well-Known Member

Its possible to fall whilst on the pill.
    I did and have my dd as proof :)

6. casann

casann mummy

yeah i got pregnant too whilst on the pill , however i was taking antibiotics at the same time and didn't realise this potentially makes the pill ineffective. I hope your boyfriend comes around to it soon, so many people have got pregnant whilst on the pill and like you have taken it correctly it.s not fair he's accusing you like that:(

7. alibaba24

alibaba24 Well-Known Member

i fell pregnant whilst on the pill!!

8. bexie1985

bexie1985 Well-Known Member

i got pregnant with my first on the pill, altho we used to go out get drunk and i was sick afew times, they say this can affect it working...ooppss!! lol, xx

9. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

he suspects i am lying and i think he will always have it in the back of his mind... but he is a good man and he is happy the baby is here now its coming.I would never do that to him its cruel x

10. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

IBS could definitely do it because there are times the pill might not have been in your system long enough before passing through.

11. Tracey2008

Tracey2008 Well-Known Member

I fell pregnant with my 3rd daughter while on the pill and never missed a day! I hadnt been sick either and I only went along to the doctors because I felt feeling faint. They did a pregnancy test which came back positive and when I went for my scan I was nearly 4 months along!

12. JessiHD

JessiHD Mummy to Joshua :)

No contraception is failsafe except for sterilization. These things happen, take him to the doctor and get her to discuss the efficacy rates if he still doesn't believe you. I would hazard a guess at your IBS being to blame though. My mum got pregnant on the pill and I wouldn't be here if she hadn't! I hope he gets over his suspicions and you both enjoy your happy accidental pregancy.

13. spritey

spritey Well-Known Member

I got pregnant on the pill the first time. I missed a couple, so it wasn't like I'd taken them perfectly. Miscarried, though.

14. Flutterby1982

Flutterby1982 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was on the pill and have been for 10 years but have just fallen pregnant on it! Its not 100% protection remember and I read somewhere that a womans most fertile age is around 25 (which is strange I thought it would be younger) but I guess if you've hit that 'fertile' stage in your life perhaps your body can beat the medication?? I was on microgynon 30 and when I looked up reviews on it, woman only gave it 42% cos so many of them had gotton preggy while taking it :shrug: so I defo won't be going on that one again!!!

15. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

i got pregnant on the pill aswell. i have a bad stomic and was put on new tablets for it and they counter acted my pill and stoped it working so hence why im pregnant lol. i was in total shock at first but im really happy now. i was lucky my partner wanted a BABY so he was the one calming me down wen we first found out. as i was the one who didnt understand how i got pregnant on the pill i never missed. but then i found out it was the tablets so i was fine with it then. now i really want my baby and think its a blessing

16. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I got pregnant on the pill and didn't miss any either x

17. vixta

vixta Well-Known Member

i agree... i was shocked at first, i couldnt stop shaking! i went and did my preg test and i kep telling myself that no way could i be pregnant as i was on the pill. i thought i was just being silly and i KNEW that the result would be negative! boy was i wrong! it came up very light at first but then the line went darker and i was in such shock i was crying! i went and told my bf and he was ok but he immediately asked me if i had been taking my pill. for 2 days i was in such total shock i just couldnt believe it! then i thought to myself.... if this has happened its happened for a reason and now i am soooooooo happy! so excited and thankful xx

18. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

it is shocking wen your on the pill and so unexpected . once it hits u though and u have time to come around it is a gr8 feeling . im glad your excited about it now i was the same to start takes sum time wen its not planned but its the best suprise pressie aint it hehe

19. belladonna

belladonna Well-Known Member

Aw hun, that may be why.

:hugs: to you, I hope it all works out for you x