Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Discussion in 'TTC Groups & Discussions' started by FarmersWife5, Jun 24, 2013.

1. FarmersWife5

FarmersWife5 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share my excitement with you lovely ladies!! This is DH & I's 4th cycle TTC, and our 1st cycle using OPKS. It was a disaster at first, thought I missed my O time as I was not getting a positive.

I was feeling really disappointed, just wanted to give up on TTC. Which I know is bad after only the 4th cycle but it sure is stressful.

This morning was having crampy feelings, thought hey I still got 2 OPKS why not. HUGE POSITIVE OPK!!! Whohoooo I did a happy dance around the house.
    DH & I lucky BD last night, and will for sure tonight! After the bachelorette of course :winkwink:

Sorry if this is a silly thread, Im just excited. My friends would probably look at me funny if I called them about my positive OPK and how excited I was. I know you ladies understand though!

2. newlyweds2013

newlyweds2013 Recovering from a loss

congrats !! i don't think it is a silly post, i would be excited as well !
    this is our second month ttc and i was frustrated with the opk's as well. glad you got a positive and good luck this month !! hope you get a bfp :)

3. FarmersWife5

Thank you Newlywed!!! Good luck to you this cycle also!!!!

4. redlemonade

redlemonade Well-Known Member

Good luck!! :)

5. Sparkle_13

Sparkle_13 Well-Known Member

Haha just picturing you doing a happy dance round the house :) very cute! congrats xx

6. blondiex

blondiex Member

yay! i hope you get a BFP out of it! have fun BD ing ;)

7. FarmersWife5

Thanks ladies!!! I wish you all good luck also!

8. LillyTame

LillyTame Mom of 2 boys

I understand completely! Last month my OV was late...so I was worried I wasn't going to OV at all...then when I finally got my pos OPK I showed OH the stick...you would have thought it was a HPT I was so happy :haha:

4th cycle is also when I felt like throwing in the towel and just going NTNP...couldn't do it! I knew too much, was in too deep! :rofl: I didn't get back to full TTC though until this cycle (Cycle 6).

Good luck! Hope you catch your eggy! :dust:

9. Tess08

Tess08 Well-Known Member

Oh congrats fingers crossed you get your BFP this time around!!! My periods are still very irregular after coming off my pill 5 months ago as I have only had 2 in this time! I tried to use the OPK's a couple if months ago but I only had 7 sticks to use and I obviously picked the wrong week to use them as I didn't get a positive at all and due to how expensive they are I couldn't afford to buy anymore. I am now on cycle day 32 and still no sign of period but got a BFN today so I just hope my period comes soon so I can get back into some sort of cycle. Could anyone recommend somewhere to get OPK's for a cheaper price and possibly with more sticks due to my long cycle length? It was the clear blue ones I used last time.

Sorry if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm still trying to get my head around all of this and just desperate to get my BFP ASAP!!! X

10. Keds195

Keds195 Well-Known Member

Hi I got mine off either amazon or eBay. I got loads like 100 for about £10. Defo recommend for a poasaholic. I also use digis but they are so expensive so I can use the cheapies loads and it doesn't break the bank x

11. Tess08

Tess08 Well-Known Member

Oh really??? That would be great, exactly what I'm looking for so I will have a look online just now for them? Sorry again I hope you don't think I sound silly but I'm still trying to get used to the phrases being used as I have only just started to read the forums lol, but what is a poasaholic? X

12. Sookie889

Sookie889 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Over the moon for you :happydance:

13. FarmersWife5

Yes OPKS are a little spendy. At this point Im willing to spend whatever it takes. We also used Pre-Seed this cycle.. The most expensive lubricant I've ever seen LOL.

This 2 ww is killer, ugh. Its like you dont know, but your body for sure knows... but is keeping it a secret UGHHHHHHH

14. newlyweds2013

newlyweds2013 Recovering from a loss

Hey FarmersWife, how is this month going ?? AF got me on july.1 so I will be onto trying again soon. Good luck to you !!

15. Keds195

Ha its pee on a stick aholic lol. Xx

16. digi123X

digi123X Member

Hi can any one help me opk kits and clomid please xxx

17. FarmersWife5

Newlywed Darn AF hate her! Sorry she got you this month! Now you got a new cycle to work with!! I hope this cycle is yours!!

I was supposed to get AF yesterday, stil haven't..
    I have been having cramping, so I think she will come today.? But then I got to reading that sometimes you have AF symptoms but still are pregnant.? I have no idea!! Keep me in your thoughts, Ill let you know what I find out!

18. FarmersWife5

Keds found 88 cent cheapos at Walmart, really help the problem LOL

19. Tess08

Tess08 Well-Known Member

Good luck farmers wife I will keep everything crossed for you :) x

20. Keds195

Hi I'm in uk so we don't have Walmart. Thanks though xx