Femara Question! New to fertility treatments!

Mrs.Ludora

Reaction score
Hey there!
So I just had my first fertility console after TTC for three years! My doctor said she is going to have my hormones tested and a dye test done. She thinks I have PCOS and is wanting to start me on Femara soon. What are the success stories with this drug? How long did it take you? Twins? I'm just soo tired of seeing negative tests as I'm sure everyone else is as well :(

Hi, I've never been prescribed femara so cant really help but would hate your first ever post to go unnoticed! It's a very busy forum and new threads sometimes get lost. Hope someone who's taken femara notices this and you get some answers. Good luck! Xxxx

Doh! Just realised you've posted before! Haha! Time for bed for me I think....! :dohh: xxxx

I first took femara four years ago I believe it was sort of new for fertility at the time. Anyway I took it for unexplained fertility along with low male sperm morph. I got pregnant after my first cycle on it and carried out a normal pregnancy. The chances of multiples I was told is less then 5% so very low and lower than taking clomid. Also I experienced no side effects except a couple of headaches. I am now TTC again after having a molar pregnancy last year. I recently took Femara for two cycles and then developed or discovered I had an ovarian cysts which required surgery to drain it because of its large size. Doctors aren't sure that the Femara cause the cysts. I am currently also getting hormone testing and HSG. And will be starting a higher dose of Femara. My doctors discovered in surgery I had severe endometriosis so this is their plan for me. Good luck on your Femara!!

I gt pregnant my first cycle too, unfortunately it ended in a loss, but that was just what my body needed and I conceived my son naturally the next cycle.
I am starting Femera tonight, ttc#2

Good luck!

Hi, bringing back a thread that is a bit older.
I am starting fermera next cycle ... In a week, and am curious about the side effects that you encountered. Did you have multiple follicles, mood swings, ov pains ect.

Thanks!

I thought I wa having o pain but in the end I had a bladder infection, I don't think related to Femera. I got my BFP first cycle again. My hcg levels are good so now I'm schedule for a u/s November 24!

When are you starting and what dose?
I was on 2.5 and only had 1 mature follie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back