Femara success stories or side effect issues???

ltrip84

Mom and pregnant
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was just looking for some support since I'm getting ready to start my second month on Femara. I tried to post this question in the Femara friends thread but only receive one response:cry: Can anyone give me their success stories of taking Femara and list any side effects they have experienced?

My first month of 2.5 mg on Femara (along with 1700 mg of metformin and 45mg of actos), I ovulated! That is a huge success considering I only ovulated 1 of the 5 months I took Clomid. I believe I am having more intense S/E on Femara than clomid though. With clomid, I had hot flashes and once my dosage was increased, the hot flashes were more intense and I was irritable. With Femara, it seems I became majorly depressed and I had a few hot flashes with it too (not as bad). It seems the depression got better a few days after ovulation, but it was pretty bad. I cried almost every day. And I mean I SOBBED! lol. My poor OH.

Please let me know if Femara worked for you and any side effects you had. Also, if you have PCOS (I do). I need hope!! After a year and 1/2 of TTC, I don't know how others do it having to try for so long. It's so hard!

Femara did not work for me...but I had no symptoms from it. I do not have PCOS though... So I'm sure my body is totally different. I am doing my first clomid cycle this month- hoping for better results.

I have been scouring the Internet for info that gives me hope. Reality is I think our bodies are all so unique that statistics mean nothing for us individually. So frustrating :growlmad:

That said, my old doc though Femara was FAR better than clomid. My new doc says clomid is the best- but she also said getting the right fertility meds means a lot of guessing, experimenting and hoping. Good luck!!!!

Thanks for letting me know if it worked for you. Good luck to you with Clomid!!

Well, the 2nd month of Femara wasn't so bad and I didn't have any symptoms. Maybe last month was just a bad month and the mood swings weren't related to femara at all...?? I'm not sure... But anways, I'm glad I have had my sanity back this past month!:happydance:

I have done 4 rounds of femara, but I am having a break this month as I just wanted to give my body a break, still TTC but no fertility drugs. I have had no side effects a all with femara, but on clomid they were extreme. I no that the femara is working for me as my u/s nd blood works show that it is.

Good luck Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"