Femara success when Clomid resistant?

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey friends! I tried three rounds of Clomid with no ovulation at any time. I wasn't being monitored other than 21 day bloodwork, so I am not sure if I developed any follicles.

I switched to an RE who is trying me on 5 mg Femara and a trigger shot if i have any follicles matured at my CD 14 ultrasound. I've been reading, and although I've found a few success stories, I've read a lot of people saying that they didn't respond to either. I'm getting so nervous at the thought of having no response to this medicine because then we start getting into the really expensive treatments (IUI, IVF, injectables). My insurance doesn't cover much regarding infertility. I know this may be more of a long term trying to conceive question, but this board is very full so I thought I may get more of a response here.

Thank you everyone! Good luck to you all!

hello @brandi let me give you some hope, me myself did not respond at all to clomid. I was put on Femara 5mg and iui back to back and bam! got my BFP!. Clomid does not work for everyone so you don't have to feel bad its normal each person is different. I got one to 2 follies every time on Femara.

My BFP ended in MMC not saying that will happen for you. mine was due to low progesterone. I advise you to ask for Progesterone Suppositories to take two days after O just to keep your lining thick. Good luck to you.

I didn't respond to clomid. Went on femara and i responded to 7.5mg (they started at 5 but i didn't ovulate at that dose). I got my bfp on my 3rd cycle! That did end in a mc but that has nothing to do with the femara. I have ovulated on every single cycle since except one but that was because of a cold. I am in my TWW on this cycle and I am pretty sure I am pregnant. I was never triggered. Just doing it on my own and unmonitored.

I didn't respond to clomid, either. I was put on Femara 5mg with an RE and ovulated around CD 17-19 with it. Now I have an 8 week old!

Thank you all so much for your kind words!!!!! That brings me so much hope! I guess I'll know either way in 11 days at my ultrasound. I'm hoping that the 5 mg will just help me to develop some good follicles!!!! Took my first pill this morning. Good luck to all of you and congrats on your new baby drjo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->