Femara users! I need your help!

juhnayrae

Reaction score
Hi there! It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've been too busy raising my two little miracles.

My husband and I are going for #3 and since I have PCOS we've needed help every time. After lots of trial and error, we found out that I respond really well to Femara. Our first cycle on Femara 5mg resulted in our daughter. That was back in November 2012. In April and May 2015 we tried for #2 and, again, I responded really well to Femara 5mg. I got pregnant with my son on my second cycle. Every time I've been on Femara 5mg I've gotten 1 perfect follie.

So, we started Femara 5mg again this past cycle and when I went in for a mid cycle u/s on CD12 my biggest follie was 8. We were a little shocked because I'd always responded so well. My RE bumped me up to 7.5mg for my next cycle, but I'm nervous that I won't respond again. We really can't afford injectables, so Femara is really our only hope.

I'm having trouble finding any information about my situation. Why am I not responding this time, when I have always responded before. Has anyone had this experience before, of responding to a certain dose and then not responding to the same dose later?

I dont really have an answer but didn't want to read and run. I feel like femara is just kind of a hit or miss thing. I am currently on 2.5 mg and have responded well but still not pregnant and on 3rd cycle. so I havent really been able to tell if its worth it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->