Femara with a leftover follicle?

SuzzeQ18

Reaction score
I am new to the forums so I'll add a quick background info!
me(28) DH(35), RE says I have PCO but not PCOS all my hormones are normal and I ovulate on my own (except it takes forever), DHs sperm is perfect.
Clomid #1 - #3= BFN (plus super thin lining)
HSG Scan - Normal
Femara #1 - 2.5mg CD 3-7 BFP 07/2014 chemical pregnancy @ 4 weeks
Femara #2 - 5mg CD 3-7 BFP 08/2014 missed miscarriage D&C @ 8 weeks
Femara #3 - 5mg CD4-8 BFP 01/2015 chemical pregnancy @ 6 weeks
Follistim/IUI #1 - Follistim 75 for 7 days, 3-4 follicles, trigger BFN

So today was my CD 3 scan and it turns out I have a leftover follicle from the last cycle it's about 20x19mm, my RE says he doesn't want to do follistim with IUI in fear of whatever but he says it was ok to try naturally and because my cycles are stupid long (35-45 days) he wants me to take the 5mg of Femara on CD 5-9. He also didn't take my bloodwork (since I live in Korea they do things just a little differently). Now I KNOW I can get pregnant but the issue is staying pregnant and I'm worried that if I do get pregnant again something will go wrong because 1) I'm starting the Femara CD 5-9 and 2) because of the leftover follicle. What can/will happen if I take Femara with a leftover follicle? Should I listen to my RE and just stick to CD 5-9 or should I just say f*&k it and take it CD 3-7?
Ugh help?

Sorry, I've heard other ladies say they waited until it resolved before stimming the next cycle. I've not experienced it and I wish you well.

Sorry im not sure what would happen if you went ahead with the meds, but my clinic makes me take a month off between cycles. They said most women have left over cysts (I was on femara and menopur) and the ovaries need time off to recover and for any cysts to heal before stimulation again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->