Femara

HappilyMrs

Mommy and Wifey
Reaction score
Anyone try it?? After 5 rounds of clomid and all BFN's, my doctor wants me to try Femara. I'm hoping it works and now we just wait for AF in a week or so. FX this is finally it! Anyone have any experience with it??

Anyone try it?? After 5 rounds of clomid and all BFN's, my doctor wants me to try Femara. I'm hoping it works and now we just wait for AF in a week or so. FX this is finally it! Anyone have any experience with it??

I have the femara pills sitting on my nightstand waiting to hear from my doc. I did Clomid at 100mg and bfn. I'm nervous about starting it because I'm certain it won't work either...which means the next step would be injections.

I have the femara pills sitting on my nightstand waiting to hear from my doc. I did Clomid at 100mg and bfn. I'm nervous about starting it because I'm certain it won't work either...which means the next step would be injections.

I was too terrified to ask what was next. My last round of clomid was 100mg as well. Currently waiting for AF. I'm nervous too... just not sure what to expect. I'm just going to cross my fingers and say my prayers!!!! BABY DUST to you!!!

I'm almost done with my second cycle. I haven't taken Clomid. But my first month I had a headache and hot flashes a few times, the second I didn't have any. I say the side effects are minimal. I have weak o my progesterone reading before 8.2 but after starting it was above 10.

I'm almost done with my second cycle. I haven't taken Clomid. But my first month I had a headache and hot flashes a few times, the second I didn't have any. I say the side effects are minimal. I have weak o my progesterone reading before 8.2 but after starting it was above 10.

This is helpful! Hopefully mine will be similar, I didn't have terrible side effects with Clomid. Gyno just isn't happy with my numbers for my day 21 labs. Hopefully mine will be above 10 too this time :) I'm running at 2 or 3 right now.

I did two cycles with 5mg of femara and I have ovulated both times on cd14. I did not have any side effects to femara but I had a lot of mood swings with provera that I took for AF to come. The first cycle was a bust because we didn't time BD better. I feel very confident of the second cycle. Waiting now....

I did two cycles with 5mg of femara and I have ovulated both times on cd14. I did not have any side effects to femara but I had a lot of mood swings with provera that I took for AF to come. The first cycle was a bust because we didn't time BD better. I feel very confident of the second cycle. Waiting now....

I wish you lots of :dust::dust:

I'm hoping I O earlier than normal. Right now I'm at CD21 with a 35 day cycle. I would LOVE to O on CD14 haha!

I did a HPT and it was very very faintly positive and the two betas came back positive and are doubling!!!! Fingers crossed for a healthy and viable pregnancy!....
Good luck to all the ladies.

I'm hoping I O earlier than normal. Right now I'm at CD21 with a 35 day cycle. I would LOVE to O on CD14 haha!

I wish you all the best. Do you use OPK to check for ovulation?

Thank you! Yes, I do use OPK's. Also, I do my day 21 labs to confirm ovulation. It's confirmed I am ovulating but it's "poor quality". So maybe the femara will help the quality and we can get a good eggie!

Hi there....thought I'd share my femara success :)

I did 2 rounds of clomid with my third child. First round I failed to O, second round I O'd with a progesterone level below 10. Next step was femara. First round I did ovulate but i guess we missed the egg and I did not get my bloods checked so not sure about progesteron. Second round of femara my bloods came back at 59 for progesterone and I got my BFP a few days later.

This pregnancy I just so happened to have some left over femara in the cupboard (still in date) and thought I'd give it a go and it worked first round :) It was an unmonitored cycle so I have no clue what my bloods were.

I say give it a shot and try to be positive about it! Negativity toward anything new will just hinder the results!

I'm on my 5th round with meds. 2nd with Femara. I'm on the highest dose at 12.5mg (5 pills/day) for 5 days. Side effects headaches and hot flashes. I've tried up to 100mg of clomid and only got 1 follie. On this high dose round I got 3 follies 1.7, 1.3 and 1.2. My IUI cycle was cancelled due to breakthrough bleeding, but that was due to start the meds mid-cycle due to PCOS and no activity in the ovaries. The bleeding as stopped so DH and I are trying timed intercourse instead this cycle.

TBH Femara is a lot more gentle on your system, less side effects and actually more people have better follicle results with Femara over clomid from what I've read.

Thank you! Yes, I do use OPK's. Also, I do my day 21 labs to confirm ovulation. It's confirmed I am ovulating but it's "poor quality". So maybe the femara will help the quality and we can get a good eggie!

Yeah, my RE said Femara definitely helps with that and the lining is usually not affected by femara... I did cd10 and cd12 ultrasounds and blood work, both my cycles, I most certainly "felt" the ovulation the second cycle, which was comforting!

Lots of Sticky Gooey, Baby dust to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"