Feminine version of "Jeffrey", anyone?

2ndHeartbeat

Jason 2y;Expecting again!
Reaction score
A very (VERY.) close person to me, I guess my best friend in a sense, was just in a serious accident about a month ago... in a nutshell he has such brain damage that he will never be "himself" again, he will never think like one of us... he's basically now the equivalent of a newborn.

I'm pregnant and the name is decided if it's a boy, but I've been toying with the idea of, if it's a girl, naming her (if I choose against Mercedes!) after him..... if... that's possible? I refuse to name my daughter Jeffrey, lol...

I can't seem to figure out what the feminine version would be? I'm even up for inventing it lol... but I have no ideas :shrug:

Not sure if this would be considered a feminine version or not, but I googled different spellings of Jeffery and found this:

Geffrey, Geoff, Geoffery, Geoffrey, Geoffroy, Geoffry, Geofrey, Godfrey, Jefery, Jeff, Jefferey, Jefferies, Jeffery, Jeffree, Jeffrie, Jeffries, Jeffry, Jefry, Jeoffrol, Jephers, Jepherson, Jephrey, Jephry

And thought maybe the two in purple would be the most feminine out of the bunch. I know a girl I went to school with was named Corey, spelt Korie... which made it feminine, so maybe just a different spelling will be your answer. Another option maybe to use Jeffery as a middle name, Ariel Jeffery for example, feminine and unique.

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Wow... new spellings... interesting... why I never thought of that? XD I might actually consider it as a middle name, but it wouldn't go well with my current first name that I have in mind XD Thanks!

First of all, I'm very very sorry to hear about your friend. That is so tragic! :nope:

Changing the spelling of a masculine name doesn't make it a girls name. It's just a boys name, slapped on a girl, with a crazy spelling that the child will have to spell out for the rest of their life. I'm glad you refuse to name your little girl Jeffrey (applause) :thumbup:

As for a feminine alternative, the closest thing I can come up with is Freya, which has the same letters "frey"

Another idea would be to use a female name that has the same meaning as Jeffrey (which means "peace"). Some names that mean peace are Mira, Liv, Malia, Serene, Olivia, Shiloh, Tullia, Zella, Winifred (Winnie)

What is his middle name? Would that be easier to come up with a female version?

Aww thats so sad :(

How about Justine?? I know it doesn't sound like jeffery but we used to call a girl called i know Jeff for short :) Hope this helps xxxx

Aww thats so sad :(

How about Justine?? I know it doesn't sound like jeffery but we used to call a girl called i know Jeff for short :) Hope this helps xxxx

a lady i know is jefrada (spelling may be wrng) but its pronounced "geoff-frey-da"

Josie or Jessie....are they close enough??????:wacko:

:hugs:

Sorry to here what has happened but what a lovely idea.

What about Jefia? Prononced J-fire.

First of all, I'm very very sorry to hear about your friend. That is so tragic! :nope:

Changing the spelling of a masculine name doesn't make it a girls name. It's just a boys name, slapped on a girl, with a crazy spelling that the child will have to spell out for the rest of their life. I'm glad you refuse to name your little girl Jeffrey (applause) :thumbup:

As for a feminine alternative, the closest thing I can come up with is Freya, which has the same letters "frey"

Another idea would be to use a female name that has the same meaning as Jeffrey (which means "peace"). Some names that mean peace are Mira, Liv, Malia, Serene, Olivia, Shiloh, Tullia, Zella, Winifred (Winnie)

These were exactly the thoughts I was going to post, especially Freya and using another name meaning peace!

Jeffie could be quite cute for a girl? Or even Effie? xxx

Jeffrey means "God's peace". For a girl's name with the same meaning I found: Shalviya (Hebrew) and Corey/Cory (Germanic). Or how about Frieda (Peace)?

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, what a tragic accident.

I think it is a lovely idea to honour him in your baby's name. You've had some lovely suggestions.

My suggestion would be to give as middle names Jay Freya which sound a little similar to Jeffrey.

I do think using the meaning of Jeffrey is a good idea or perhaps his surname might be usable as a first or middle name.

I thought about using his middle name but it wouldn't hold the significance I want.. I really love some of the ideas you've all come up with, Freya is great. I also like Jefia and Jeffie... I had considered "Jephie" at one point... I'm glad I have lots of time to think lol... and you guys are great :hug:

These were exactly the thoughts I was going to post, especially Freya and using another name meaning peace!

I was going to suggest Freya too.

Or you could use Jeffrey as a middle name. My friend has her mum's maiden name, Evans, as her middle name. Jeffrey can also be a surname so it would sit fine as a middle name.

A lovely thing to do btw. I love naming in memory of family and friends. My LO has my Grandma's middle name.

love these ideas!

I got together with his ex girlfriend and did some thinking... his middle name is Andrew so I got to thinking of using that, with Jeffrey as the middle name and I like the idea. Andrea Jeffrey or something to that effect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->