fertility after mirena removal?

IzzyNC

Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if I could find any buddies in the same boat as me...I had my Mirena IUD removed about 3 weeks ago - not because I was ready to try for another baby but because I was sick of the sporadic bleeding and never being able to predict a period. I was OVER it. So when it was taken out, I almost immediately started a real period, that lasted for about 5 days then stopped. I figured I would chart my BBT just to see what my body was doing, and if I was going to ovulate. Lo and behold, I had LOTS of EWCM this past cycle and a spike in my bbt after ovulation. My temp has stayed up, and I'm 5dpo today. I'm trying not to symptom spot, because I know how much that can drive me nuts. Especially, since I'm not necessarily trying to get pregnant. We are NTNP, because I do not want to take any sort of birth control right now. I want my body to just do what it's going to do, and I would be ok with another baby! DH and I BD'd 4 days before O and on the day of O...do you think I could have possibly gotten preggo this quickly after having the Mirena removed? And do any of you know if I would have a higher rate of miscarrying since the Mirena was just in a few weeks ago? I'm probably making myself nervous over no reason, and I'm probably not even pregnant, lol. I just can't help but think, what if. I'm extremely bloated today and have had some mild cramping. Also, lots of creamy CM this morning. Sorry for the long post...just trying to get some feedback!

When my OBGYN removed my Miranda, he said I would be fertile by the time I got to the parking lot. Lol
So yes, it's possible

Oh wow, good to know, lol!! I'm in the waiting game now...

Yep, I think you are :) good luck to you! Tww is horrible!

yes it is....it's this constant battle - to test or not to test!!

That's why I just get a bunch of tests from Amazon, so I can just start testing as soon as I'm close enough lol

yeah I love the internet cheapies....I don't have any right now. I should order some! I think they work just as well as FRER

Agreed! The tests in the doctors office are cheapies lol

Yep...I think first response is just out to make $$$!

Hey IzzyNC, I'm TTC#2, I had the mirena removed on the on 19th of February. Still not PG :(. AF came two days after removal, and my cycles have be strange, 26 then 28 then 30 day cycles.

There is a thread over in TTC groups about after mirena coil, join in :)

Hi izzy I had my mirena out the 27th April
I would swear I was pregnant all the right symptoms and feelings etc, apparantly that's part of the mirena 'crash'
But yes it is possible to be pregnant right away, I like you hope not the first cycle as such but can't help myself to symptom spot
I started a journal just for myself and anyone else with mirena removal so whatever I'm getting and whatever the outcome ex mirena users can see

I was bleeding lightly for 2 days after removal then nothing but pregnancy symptoms , please feel free to take a peek and see if it's similar to your own symptoms etc

And let's see what our outcomes are! I'm with Vicky too on the ex mirena thread

Good luck !

So AF just arrived - that makes my luteal phase only 8 days this cycle:/ Anyone ever hear of short luteal phases after mirena removal??!! I'm so bummed - I've never had this problem before:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->