Fertility Costs

MommyCandice

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
Okay so I have not seen a fertility doctor but due to my tubes be tied i know i will need to see one for ivf.
I am in ontatio canada so ideally cost specifically for here would be ideal but i am trying to figure out what costs will be like so i know how much to save. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the internet is confusing me

Not sure how much help I can provide because I'm in the U.S. but here the average cycle cost is around $12,000 U.S. Dollars and meds are usually $3,000-$5,000 per cycle. A lot of the Canadian ladies have seemed to get coverage but if you can't because of tubes being tied then the out of pocket costs have looked a bit less than that. If you are lucky to succeed on the first try that's great. My clinic offered multiple cycle packages which we opted for and I'm glad about since our first cycle failed. If you don't have any other fertility issues though you can hopefully be one-cycle lucky.

In Ontario your first round of IVF is covered by OHIP. You'll be looking at med costs only most likely. Depending on your age, antral follicle count, and you Day 3 FSH bloodwork you may be taking more/less than average meds. Our clininc in Calgary predicts a couple will spend between $3,000-$8,000 on meds per cycle of IVF.

OHIP will cover one round, but heads up, the wait times at a lot of clinics are already 1 year +. The funding they made available only covers about half of the cases the province sees yearly!

We paid $7500 for IVF + icsi, $1000 for embryo freezing, and meds were $3000-4000. FET was $1500

Hi, hun! It's definitely cheaper to pass ivf abroad!
We passed 1 round clomid, 2 fresh cycles with own eggs and spent a fortune :( with no success. Then we began looking for abroad options.
I'm 40 yo, suffering from endo and pcos. Dh's results came in healthy each time. Once we came across eviternity.org. They offered free consultations in London, so we decided not to miss the chance. After qualified consultation we signed the contract with our clinic. We chose 5 shot ivf program with donor egg. (As this route turned out to be the only possible one for us after years of treatment). Among the pros of the program was the guarantee. In case of 5 failures they refund all money paid. So for 9900 euro we got 5 shots, all needed meds and selective reduction if needed. Besides housing, transportations, meals were also covered by the package price. From all our previous ivf experiences this one was the most financially effective.
Hope this helps. Wish you good luck with your decision and further treatment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->