Fertility Foods

bek74

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can list some foods that are supposed to help with fertility in both women and men.
Also foods to avoid while ttc.

I am only new here and I looked around but only found foods to avoid while pregnant. Thankyou in advance.

Bek

I found some info & a link:

Fertility Enhancing Foods

Diet is important to maintain optimum health and all the more when trying to conceive is it important to eat right and increase your chances of conceiving a healthy baby. It's true that women on "junk food" diets can conceive, but it's always best to do all you can to ensure a healthy baby.

Foods to eat
Tea - Green tea, orange pekoe (also known as "regular") tea are both excellent fertility enhancers. Tea contains a high level of antioxidants which aid in healthy immune systems. Research has shown that women who regularly drink tea increase their chance of conception.
Foods rich in vitamin C - Fruits, especially citrus fruits help to enhance fertility, especially in men. Vitamin C plays a role in boosting the immune system, and thus helps to aid in a healthy conception.
Foods high in calcium - Calcium helps to make strong bones, and is especially important for pregnant women to consume.
Foods high in Vitamin B6 and Folic Acid - Foods that are leafy green vegetables, nuts and whole grains contain high levels of these nutrients. Vitamin B6 is a reproductive hormone regulator and Folic Acid helps to prevent certain neuro-tube defects in the fetus.
Water - water is probably the most important food to consume. Water makes up 75% of our bodies, and thus water is needed to grow a baby. Get in the good habit of drinking at least eight cups of water a day.

Foods to avoid
It would probably be a good idea to eat a minimum of seafood especially avoiding altogether albacore tuna due to the high levels of mercury in this type of fish. Mercury has been linked with serious birth defects including autism. So it's best to avoid anything along these lines, just to be on the safe side.
Avoiding processed foods such as sugar, refined flour (sweets and junk foods) since these foods provide absolutely nothing for a developing baby. Many older women who have babies are often diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so it's a good idea to avoid this type of food as it can contribute to high blood sugar levels and a greater risk of need a cesarean due to an overly large baby from a diabetic mother. Your baby depends on you and the foods you choose to eat, so be good to your child before it's born. Give it every advantage now prior to conception and avoid problems further down the road. Eating healthy is one of the best ways to insure a happy and healthy baby and probably one of the easiest things you can do during pregnancy to safeguard the health of you and the baby. Begin these healthy eating habits now.

Link:
https://www.fertilityjourney.com/aboutFertility/lifestyleAndInfertility/eatingHealthy/

Hope they help x

I found some info & a link:

Fertility Enhancing Foods

Diet is important to maintain optimum health and all the more when trying to conceive is it important to eat right and increase your chances of conceiving a healthy baby. It's true that women on "junk food" diets can conceive, but it's always best to do all you can to ensure a healthy baby.

Foods to eat
Tea - Green tea, orange pekoe (also known as "regular") tea are both excellent fertility enhancers. Tea contains a high level of antioxidants which aid in healthy immune systems. Research has shown that women who regularly drink tea increase their chance of conception.
Foods rich in vitamin C - Fruits, especially citrus fruits help to enhance fertility, especially in men. Vitamin C plays a role in boosting the immune system, and thus helps to aid in a healthy conception.
Foods high in calcium - Calcium helps to make strong bones, and is especially important for pregnant women to consume.
Foods high in Vitamin B6 and Folic Acid - Foods that are leafy green vegetables, nuts and whole grains contain high levels of these nutrients. Vitamin B6 is a reproductive hormone regulator and Folic Acid helps to prevent certain neuro-tube defects in the fetus.
Water - water is probably the most important food to consume. Water makes up 75% of our bodies, and thus water is needed to grow a baby. Get in the good habit of drinking at least eight cups of water a day.

Foods to avoid
It would probably be a good idea to eat a minimum of seafood especially avoiding altogether albacore tuna due to the high levels of mercury in this type of fish. Mercury has been linked with serious birth defects including autism. So it's best to avoid anything along these lines, just to be on the safe side.
Avoiding processed foods such as sugar, refined flour (sweets and junk foods) since these foods provide absolutely nothing for a developing baby. Many older women who have babies are often diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so it's a good idea to avoid this type of food as it can contribute to high blood sugar levels and a greater risk of need a cesarean due to an overly large baby from a diabetic mother. Your baby depends on you and the foods you choose to eat, so be good to your child before it's born. Give it every advantage now prior to conception and avoid problems further down the road. Eating healthy is one of the best ways to insure a happy and healthy baby and probably one of the easiest things you can do during pregnancy to safeguard the health of you and the baby. Begin these healthy eating habits now.

Link:
https://www.fertilityjourney.com/aboutFertility/lifestyleAndInfertility/eatingHealthy/

Hope they help x

Wow thankyou for that. I have started taking Folic Acid tablets. I enjoy having a hot cup of tea in the mornings, but I gave it away when I cut all caffine out of my diet. So I am guessing tea has very little caffine in it, or should I enjoy caffine free tea?. I eat oranges and I luv nuts so that shouldn't be a problem, its the dairy intake I lack in. I make myself eat a yoghurt everyday but I am not huge on dairy.
Would you suggest a good quality muti vitamin along with a balanced diet ( apart from my premenstral treats, lol).

Thankyou so much for looking that up, the only stuff that kept coming up was, people trying to sell me their ebook to their conceiving secrets.

Anyway cheers
Bek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"