fertility foods.......

laurabeth

Reaction score
does anybody know of any foods that are 'proven' to increase fertility?

Or any that help with sperm production?

Dark green veggies, oily fish, eggs, milk, sunflower seeds, grapefruit juice, acai berry juice.

I have always heard people swear by pineapple. Here's a link I found that also advocates whole grains and whole milk: https://www.healthmango.com/infertility/4-fertility-boosting-foods-for-women/

Pineapple also is supposed to improve and strengthen the lining of your uterus, which supposedly increases your chances of implantation and a sticky bean!

For men, they need things with high levels of antioxidants. I have heard Shiitake mushrooms reccommended for this. Here is an article I Googled using 'Shiitake mushrooms male fertility' It also has diet changes that are beneficial to men and women to increase fertility and conception odds:
https://www.increasefertilitytips.c...-and-diet/fertility-foods-for-women-fruit-veg

Though more studies are necessary, preliminary research indicates that watermelon may very well increase fertility in men.

More Info: According to a published study in the Journal of International Urology and Nephrology, male subjects were evaluated for the effect of lycopene on idiopathic infertility. Subjects were given an oral dose of 2000 mcg of lycopene twice a day for three months. Sixty-six percent of the study participants experienced an increased sperm count, while fifty-three percent experienced increased sperm motility, concluding that lycopene seems to be beneficial to males suffering from idiopathic infertility.

This is what OH is trying x

Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant and has been shown to increase fertility when given to both men and women. Men going for IVF treatment with their partners have been given vitamin E, and fertilisation rates have, as a result, increased from 19 to 29 percent. It has been suggested that the antioxidant activity of vitamin E might make the sperm more fertile.

Top 10 Foods Highest in Vitamin E:

1. Sunflower Seeds
2. Paprika & red chilli powder
3. Almonds
4. Pine Nuts
5. Peanuts
6. Dried herbs (basil & oregano)
7. Dried apricots
8. Pickled green olives
9. Cooked spinach
10. Cooked taro root

Just saw this post and the list looks great. I was wondering if there is any foods to avoid as well? :shrug:

bee propolis
in one study 60% if the women who took 500mg 2x per day caught the bump.
nuts
whole grains
ginger
vegg

no caffiene:coffee:

Thanks for posting those... now I wonder how I can sneakily give this stuff to my DH :haha:

no caffeine....i dont think you should eat fish...at least seafood i believe...

I've heard honey and cinnamon! I've been mixing it into my oatmeal this month!! :) Yum!!

Pineapple is also reported as bad in some articles. You need to try. & eat as much alkaline foods as possible, grapefruit juice is good for this. I don't know why but apparently peas are really bad!! Also drink full fat milk instead of reduced fat.

I made a big effort with my diet following the above after 7 months TTC but caught the first month I changed!!

Also make sure you're taking some multivitamins. In addition Royal jelly is good for both of you & give the OH macs as well!

Good luck!

Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant and has been shown to increase fertility when given to both men and women. Men going for IVF treatment with their partners have been given vitamin E, and fertilisation rates have, as a result, increased from 19 to 29 percent. It has been suggested that the antioxidant activity of vitamin E might make the sperm more fertile.

1. Sunflower Seeds
3. Almonds
4. Pine Nuts
5. Peanuts
7. Dried apricots
8. Pickled green olives
9. Cooked spinach
10. Cooked taro root

Basil leaf is used by women who use herbal remedies to speed up a miscarraige. They use dried basil leaf (one teaspoon), steeped in hot water, and drink it several times a day and it works. Not that anyone would be drinking an infusion of basil while pregnancy, but I just thought I would add that.

1. Sunflower Seeds
3. Almonds
4. Pine Nuts
5. Peanuts
7. Dried apricots
8. Pickled green olives
9. Cooked spinach
10. Cooked taro root

Basil leaf is used by women who use herbal remedies to speed up a miscarraige. They use dried basil leaf (one teaspoon), steeped in hot water, and drink it several times a day and it works. Not that anyone would be drinking an infusion of basil while pregnancy, but I just thought I would add that.

That just goes to show that you can't rely on information sourced from the internet!

Google foods Rich in Zink and Magnisium

Such Pumkin and Sunflower seeds
There is much more you can find online

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583