Fertility Frustrations, BFP turning into a chemical pregnancy?

maggiepenny

Reaction score
So, my husband and I have been married going on 5 years. We found out a few years ago that he has Azoospermia. We were heartbroken. Prior to that, I had been diagnosed with PCOS. So, we took a bit to consider our options. We found a fantastic RE we adore, so we decided to pursue fertility treatments.

Fast forward to the present. We just had our 2nd IUI on 11/6/14.
Week 1, progesterone tested at 12.5
day 10piui: brown discharge begins in evening
days 10-14 piui: brown discharge continues
day 14piui: blood test confirms pregnancy at 13 HCG level
YAY! Well, it has been a short lived 'yay'.
Shortly after receiving the news, I noticed that the brown discharge turned into dark red bleeding, it was in my urine and becoming heavier.

I'm simply devastated. It sounds to me like I'm having a chemical pregnancy. Has anyone been through this process? Any positive results with something like this? I know the reality, but I keep holding out hope.

If this pregnancy doesn't stay, how long should we wait to start the next IUI? I'm going in tomorrow for blood work to see if numbers are going back down. I'm just heartbroken and looking for some advice. My husband is a wonderful support but for something like this, I'd like a female perspective.

Baby dust to each and every one of you!

I am so sorry, I don't really have any advice, just wanted to send hugs to you and let you know that my fingers are crossed that the bleeding is nothing bad. I have heard that bleeding in pregnancy affects quite a few people, and they still go on to have healthy pregnancies. I hope this is the case for you hun :hugs:

The blood is coming from your urine? then you need to be tested for a bladder infection and get on antibiotics, I had a bladder infection and it spread to my kidneys leading to blood in my urine. if its only in your urine then its not affecting the pregnancy. I would have another blood test done to see of your HCG is rising or dropping before calling it a chemical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->