Fertility Liver Detox - Who's with me!?

Harley Quinn

Mom of three boys <3
Reaction score
I read Zita West's "Guide to Getting Pregnant" when I was TTC my first, and I decided to try her liver detox. The idea behind it is that your liver processes hormones and so treating it well will help it perform better, which means more balanced hormones, less excess hormones, etc.

I did the 7-day version of the detox, but there is a 4-day version as well. It was easy and short, so I was actually able to stick to it and we did end up getting pregnant shortly after, so I'd like to think it helped. :)

Anyway, we are NTNP right now, but my cycles haven't come back, so I'd like to help my body out with getting all my hormones back to normal, so I'm going to do the detox again. Please join me if you feel so inclined! It will be so much easier if we are all doing it together and can share recipes and meal ideas!

Here is the link to the list of what to eat on which days.
^That has the 4-day version. For the 7-day one, use the same food list for day 5 as you did on day 3, and the same list for days 6 and 7 as on days 1, 2, and 4. Hope that makes sense.

Let's do it the week of July 7th-13th so that it's after the 4th of July and Canada Day (because part of the detox is not drinking alcohol...lol).

So, who's with me?!

I'm down. I will probably only do the 4 day detox.. that seems more manageable for me lol.

I'm actually doing something of the sort already! My diet is fairly close to that anyway just because I don't eat a lot of meat or dairy so veggies and fruits are a huge part of my diet. But I'm also doing a fertility cleanse from natural fertility info .com that is tremendous!! I feel better if nothing else. it has 3 stages, first is rest during your period then the 2nd is a liver cleanse with tea and capsules and a tincture, then the 3rd is a uterine cleanse with tea and capsules. I'm in the liver stage and I'm feeling better already! More tired but I imagine that's from the toxins leaving my body. There were some more interesting things to include though on your link, thank you! Good luck ladies!!

:hi: I'm here!! After the 4th of July weekend sounds perfect! Looking forward to it! :)

I pretty much eat like this everyday anyways. Except I don't eat dairy. I thoroughly question so called "science" behind eating other mammals secretions. Infact undiagnosed lactose intolerance can CAUSE infertility in women. :(

Well, tomorrow is the day. I made a big pot of quinoa tonight, mixed in some chickpeas and steamed yam, so that will be my lunch tomorrow, mixed with some olive oil and lime juice.

Just going to have carrot, apple, and strawberries as snacks. Not sure what to do for breakfast yet. Probably applesauce and.... Idk, I might run out and pick up some oatmeal tonight. I'm going to allow myself coconut palm sugar as a sweetener, so I'll just put that on oatmeal and maybe some almond milk.

I might need to go grocery shopping after a few days so I can have some variety!

I am so not prepared for this but I still really want to do it! So I may have to go shopping tonight too, to get everythign I need. At least I know I'm definitely ready to give up alcohol for the week :haha:

Ha! Well, that's a good start.

Really, any part of it that you can do is good/healthy. :)

I'm kinda cheating a little bit here and there (allowing myself the coconut sugar, and I'm sure that when I add in chicken it will not be organic and hormone free and whatever else).

Lovn - I think I will be starting tomorrow.

Well so far the only thing I've done right is eat fruit and drink only water - and no alcohol. Otherwise, I've not followed it at all...:blush: Mainly because I haven't done any grocery shopping so I have to eat what's in the house :dohh: As soon as I do the shopping, I will start the 4 day detox. My dh doesn't want anything to do with it though and he tends to get upset when I don't eat dinner with him or insist on eating something different than him :wacko: So the most I think I can get away with is the 4 days, anyway. Oy!

Hey, whatever works! :)

And yeah, I hear you about your DH. Mine would be on board - he managed to do it with me the firs time I did it - but last night we went grocery shopping and he kept suggesting things to buy that I can't eat. He's soooo forgetful!

I am having a hard time getting started with this. I suck at eating healthy.

You can do it!

Just pick one thing to either cut out or increase in your diet and do that for one day.

I believe in you!

I am trying to eat at home rather than eating out. I made a chicken chili last night for dinner, and froze the rest in small portions. With B being gone most of the time during the week it is easy to go eat out.

Also going to try and increase my water intake.

I just made these muffins last night, and they are actually really delicious!

https://www.allergyfreealaska.com/2...eal-muffins-gluten-egg-dairy-cane-sugar-free/

And super cheap to make, too, since oat flour and ground flax seed are pretty cheap ingredients. Not that muffins are usually costly, but sometimes I fee like "gluten-free" and "dairy-free" means you have to pay more.

Anyway, I switched out the honey for coconut palm sugar and a bit of almond milk and they came out really well. :)

I also bought the oat flour rather than putting rolled oats into the food processor. Why would I make my own oat flour when I can buy it? That's not how I roll. lol

Hahaha.. I am the same way. I don't think I would make it if I could buy it. :)

Those look good.. I may have to try them sometime.

They really were good. I took them to work because one of my coworkers has a whole bunch of food allergies/intolerances and another coworker is diabetic, so by switching out the honey for the coconut palm sugar, all three of us were able to eat them! Yay!

Well, I'm definitely not doing the 7 day detox. lol I will be slowly adding back in the foods I had cut out so that I don't "shock" my system, but I drinking coffee and having a bit of dairy and wheat here and there.

I was surprised how NOT hungry I felt during the detox. I thought I would be starving, but I actually found myself eating a little less food than I usually do. I even lost a few pounds, so that's great. I think I will keep doing some of the same things, like having oatmeal for breakfast. It really filled me up, and it's super cheap, so I like the idea of doing that. And I'll probably try to switch out one cup of coffee per day for tea or water instead.

I totally failed. BUT I ate a salad for lunch today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->