Fertility testing

genies girl

Reaction score
i had my blood taken on monday to check to see if i ovulate and in the new year ive got a smear and more tests before being sent to the hospital to get my tubes checked?? the doc is very nice and want to take tings one step a time but id rather know more about it now. does anyone have any experience with this? thanks GG xx

Hi!

Funny you should ask this as i've just come back from my first gynae apt. First had day 21 and day 2 bloods done at g.p. and a smear test, I have to go back for a chlamydia swob before next apt. My husband has to have his swimmers counted (apt in Feb) and I have the tube dye test in feb too. We then go see the consultant together in April (next available apt and if its appropriate the nurse said we'd be put on clomid for up to 6 months). I knew it would all take a while but this is very slow!

Hope that helps somehow. My progesterone test came back 33.6 so showed ovulation, they aren't concerned with day 2 results either so who knows whats wrong, I thought I had hormonal imbalance, they dont' seem concerned about it tho my estradiol level was just outside of normal???

Oh well i'm praying and hoping for a bfp before april (I can dream)

Have you not got any results back yet then?

Jo x

hi no its taken a while because it took three trys to get any blood because they couldnt find a suitable vein, it sounds like im having the same as you, do you know what the tube dye test is?

I shall keep ebery thing crossed that you do get that bfp very soon x

good luck sweety! hope you hears some good news! xxx

This is what i was told this morning;
need to have test done within first 10 days of cycle but after bleeding has settled. You have to wear a gown and lay like your having a smear, they put in a speculum, pass a small tube into your womb (which causes period like cramping pain and to take some pain killers before you go) the dye goes in and they take xray to see how far the dye has gone or if the tubes are blocked. It takes about 10 mins and they give you a pad to wear afterwards as might have a little bleeding.

The nurse I saw today was similar to me and said she had concieved her first child easily then 21 months of ttc later had all tests, she says the dye test can clear tubes and its not unusual to get a bfp in months following test even if no blockage is found. That had happened to her!

Fingers crossed we both get that bfp one way or another hun xxx

im such a wimp the thought of that sounds horrible but id rather know x

Im gonna make an appointment with docs to check everything is working ok so im guessing they will kinda do what uve described..must admit ive been wondering what will happen etc. Im only on my 5th cycle which i know aint too long, but im nearly 43 now with no children so im thinkin sooner rather than later.

I had an HSH the other week GG (the tube insertion/xray) and it's ok actualy. It pinches a bit when they put the tube in and when they inject the dye it gives you a few period cramps but I am a proper wimp and was crying with fear beforehand and when I left I felt like a complete knobend as it's actually not that bad. It's just like a smear. And actually it wasn't that bad cos the lady that did mine was very sensitive with the speculum!

thanks for this GG, Know what to expect when i go tot he docs in january! xx

im gona have to start being brave, thanks for all the advice girls id still rather be a bloke, one little test is all he gets at the moment x

hi, just want to wish you luck...ive nipped over frm the ltttc, to see if i can offer any advise or help...but the girls in here hav you pretty much covered... :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->