Fertility treatment with endometriosis?

Cara x

Reaction score
Ok so I was on the phone to the on-call doctor today as the pain from my endometriosis is getting worse every cycle and is so bad this time that I couldn't do anything at work today, could barely walk, couldn't even uncurl myself yesterday, and kept stalling my car on the way to work today because my legs were shaking with the pain. Anyway, she was talking about birth control methods etc to control it, but said she realised that isn't an option just now as she could see from my file I was ttc. She asked a few questions about how long I'd been off my pill for etc (been off for 6 cycles this time, and was off it for 4 cycles previously, before my chemical in Oct 2013) and when I told her she recommended I come in to discuss our options in terms of fertility.

I knew I would be seen around the 6 month mark - the doc who dealt with my chemical told me that because of various issues (endo, tilted uterus, previous severe infection in my uterus from my c-section, long history of miscarriage in my mum and sister) I would be seen around then, rather than having to wait a full year, but I guess I just hadn't really realised how long it'd been. I was in the mindset that everything was fine because we managed to have our son no problem and last cycle was the first month we 'properly' TTC this time around. But really what I mean by that is we started using OPKs and Conceive Plus last cycle. When I think about it, I know I have been ovulating the whole time I've been off my pill as I have been getting ovulation pain, and hubby and I rarely go 2 - 3 days without BD. So really I've been playing it down in my mind and we have been TTC for nearly 6 months.

I am really grateful that it's going to be looked into, it's just not what I was expecting to hear over the phone on a Monday morning! Does anyone know what I can expect to happen next and what my options will be? I haven't really looked into fertility treatments before. I'm in the UK (Scotland).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->