Festivals!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by MrsMalowey, Jun 8, 2011.

1. MrsMalowey

MrsMalowey Mummy to Sophie

Anyone else gutted about not going to festivals this year? :cry:

I LOVE festivals, i should have been going to IOW tomorrow and then Reading Fest in August but its just not feasible with being pregnant. I am gutted and know i will be depressed the weekend of Reading! It would have been my 7th one in a row..

Never mind, maybe next year i will take my LO to IOW with me as they are quite family friendly there. Not so much at Reading though but she can stay with Papa!

2. Nikki1120

Nikki1120 Mum to Hollie and Max :D

I'm going to Download this weekend, i can't effin wait! how come you're not going hun?

3. maybabydoll

maybabydoll Other

IOW and Reading would have been on my list this year too, as OH is going to both! x x

4. MrsMalowey

IOW would have been fine but we didn't particularly like the look of the final line up (apart from headliners) so we didnt really want to spend the money, especially as there was no drinking involved etc.!

Reading i goto with friends, and its just a weekend of pure drinking (sorry that sounds awful!). My OH doesn't go and i just wouldnt be able to hack 5 days of no sleep, no drink and being so tired and achey. Also have sciatica and back problems so literally don't think i would physically manage!

Next year (or year after) i will definitely take little one to a festival. I know some people probably don't agree with doing that but i love seeing little kids at them and as long as you are responsible i think it would be great fun for a kiddy!

5. Tizy

Tizy Well-Known Member

I'm going to a local festival close to home, where I can drive home and be comfy to sleep! To be honest i'm not really looking forward to it that much becuase i know I will be a little jealous and then annoyed with all my friends when they're drunk and having a good time ;) !

Don't get me wrong there is nothing I would like more than to join in all the merriment, camp and be up all night but its not practical when preggers! and definately not safe for baby!

Maybe next year....or the year after....

Hopefully the sun will shine and there will be lots of nice food and good music then it might not be so bad.

Han XXx

6. MrsMalowey

IOW would've been okay because its quite chilled out anyway but we didnt like the final line up and seems alot when i wouldn't be able to have a fully good time (no drinking, rides etc!)

Reading just isnt suitable for a 32 week preggers lady lol. All i do there is get drunk and its mainly me and male friends who wouldnt understand that they would have to tone it down a bit. My OH doesnt come with me to reading as he prefers Notting Hill carnival on the same weekend.

I would like to goto a festival with the LO when she arrives, probably IOW or something similar. As long as you are responsible etc, it would great fun for a little one. IOW is really family friendly. There are other ones like the Big/Little Chill which would also be good. I really want her to be a festival head like me!! (i know some people probably dont agree with children and festivals!)

7. MrsMalowey

On the plus side, i am going to Get Loaded this weekend in Clapham Common (just a day festival) so at least i get something!

8. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

im missing out on global gathering and cream fields!! didnt think itll be suitbal to me 20 weeks pregnent !! god im so jealous though xx

9. v31984

v31984 Well-Known Member

ahhhhh it depresses me even hearing about festivals lol.. im going to be missing global gathering :( :( I LOVE IT!!!! and i know so many people going! GUTTED well and truely! i guess theres always next year...

10. Nickki_1986

Nickki_1986 Well-Known Member

i feel you pain on global gathering, but we are getting beautfil babies which is sooo much better!! xx

11. pinkpolkadot

pinkpolkadot Well-Known Member

Ah we went to a smaller festival this year (normally Leeds) and came home for the night inbetween but it was still knackering even though I took a folding chair!!

12. bther

bther Single mummy to Zachary

I went to Reading last year and loved it. I won't be going this year despite having booked the days off from work last year! I'm still having the days off but it'll be filled with fun baby stuff to take my mind off it. The no sleep, pushing and shoving and general dirtiness wouldn't agree with my pregnant state. And carrying huge rucksacks through to white camp would be a big no-no! Nevermind, I'm sure I'll take baby in a few years time.

13. v31984

v31984 Well-Known Member

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO my oh went and bought us westfest tickets for the end of october!!! bless him thats cheered me up :)

14. MrsMalowey

Cool! have an awesome time :) so gutted still about not going to any festivals, i can't bear to even see any highlights!

15. RoxyRoo

RoxyRoo Mummy to two <3

I went to Download 2 weeks ago, we go every year and I couldn't miss it! Everyone I was with were drinking but it didn't bother me as I'm just happy to be pregnant :) I was knackered when I got home but thoroughly enjoyed it!

I agree with you that I can't wait to take our LO, I saw quite a few young children there this year. All wearing cute ear muffs to protect their ears I must say!

16. xxsamkelxx

xxsamkelxx Member

I too am gutted about missing festivals and things this year! Being 20 weeks pregnant and having complications im bed bound for now :( lol ... We had to get rid of our tickets for Sundays Kings of Leon concert and that was hard enough! Will all be worth it in the end tho when our little gorgeous is safe in my arms ;) xx