FET advice

RAFwife

TTC #2 IVF miracle
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice please.

I have a FET scheduled for next week and despite the fact that I've done 2 fresh and 3 frozen cycles in the past, I really can't remember what the best tips/advice is for before and after transfer.

Anything at all would be greatly appreciated, I remember I should keep my feet warm after transfer and avoid cold drinks but are there any other biggies? What are people's opinions on bed rest after the transfer?

Thanks so much x

Good luck! My acupuncturist also talks a lot about warm feet. I didn't know about avoiding cold drinks. I've got a good book by Emma Cannon where she also says to avoid microwaves, alcohol and caffeine. There's differing opinions on bed rest. I think ideally to not be stressed and avoid heavy lifting or vigorous exercise

BTW - I'm on CD2 of my FET cycle

I had my FET about 2 hours ago and now chilling out for the evening. My last fresh cycle 3 years ago I did best rest but not an option this time. I would suggest just taking it easy if you can, have some time to relax. Good luck! X

Hi! We successfully passed ivf with donor eggs in Ukrainian Biotexcom clinic. Passed ivf with donor egg. Transferred 2 5-day blasts. So just thought it might be helpful for you to have this sort of tips connected with after embryo transfer period. They really helped me.
After embryo transfer you should eat like you are pregnant with a healthy balanced diet with good nutrition and take your pregnancy vitamins including folic acid.
Have a little pineapple as it is high in selenium, but don't go overboard as it has a chemical in it that can cause uterine contractions.
I also had 5 brazil nuts a day for the selenium around treatment. Some protein food with every meal. Plenty of fruit and veg.
Of course you can have sparkling water and a little chocolate is fine, just don't go mad!
Avoid too much caffeine like tea/coffee/cola - but the odd glass is OK or the odd weak tea won't harm.
Try and avoid toxins generally like artificial sweeteners in huge amounts. Try and eat pure foods.
Avoid raw egg products, under cooked foods, shell fish. Avoid too much vitamin A - avoid liver or pate and don't take non pregnancy designed vitamin tablets. Avoid medicines unless prescribed.
As for the bed rest – it definitely has to be adequate!! And more walks in the fresh air.
Wishing you the best XX

Also would like to share this info. A friend of mine did her FET with a 3day embryo. They only had 2 decent embryos and one took! She is 16 weeks pregnant :happydance: and here is what she did.
Started acupuncture a week before (did only 2x). Ate pineapple core 3 days before transfer and one piece for 3 days after. Ate a lot of brazil nuts and avocados. Drank pomegranate juice.
Tried to relax without stressing too much. She also did bed rest for 3 days and no lifting or walking a lot for the entire week. Not what exactly of these tips helped her, but it can't hurt. :hugs:
Lots and lots of good luck to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"