FET - Estrace & BCP

Hopethisyear

Reaction score
I will be doing my first FET in August. I have been on BCP for the last couple weeks, am stopping tomorrow and am told to expect AF in 3-5 days. My nurse had me start estrace earlier this week before stopping BCP. Is this normal? I thought estrace was to help build the uterine lining so why would I start this before I get AF? I know I should just ask my nurse but I think she is tired of my questions.

I'm not sure why they're having you start prior to AF. I had to start it on cycle day 1. I wouldn't feel weird about asking questions. You're the client. I feel like I'm constantly calling. We're doing our transfer on Tuesday and also transferring 1. Good luck!

Yah, I am not sure either. I would ask. I stopped bcp, got AF four days later, had my scan and then started Estrace the next day after my scan. Don't ever feel like you cant ask your nurse something, that's her job to answer our crazy non-stop questions! lol

This is totally normal!! It prevents you from ovulating. My clinic starts cd21 prior to AF.

You'll continue on estrace. It just ensures your ovaries are shut down. I once started estrace after aF and I ovulated through on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"