FET success after several failed FETs?

Juliet11

Momma to sweet twins xoxo
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had a successful FET after several failed ones?

I have had 2 failed FETS, waiting on results for my third FET.
I am starting to loose hope. If this time doesn't work, I don't know if I can do anymore, I still have 12 frosties but it is getting tiring, expensive, and disappointing.

Anyone go on to a have a successful FET after having 2+ fails?

Thanks!

nobody?? i need some success stories so I don't freak out too much!!!!

Sorry, I am only about to start my 2nd FET in March. Good luck xx

Hi Juliet--I feel your pain. :( Just had my 2nd FET fail. We have 3 frosties left, and all have been PGS tested...so we are all a little stunned and confused.

My first FET, I had a septum, so that BFN makes some sense. This last one, my lining only got to 8, which my RE swears was good enough, but obviously something wasn't right. It is true that even under the best of circumstances, sometimes it just doesn't work. If PGS were a guarantee, everyone would do it, right? Unfortunately there are no certainties with IVF, and I have spent the last week absorbing this second failure and feeling very discouraged.

You say you've had two FETs and still have 12 frosites left? I assume no PGS, right? Okay, well I had 12 frosties make it to blast. Only 5 came back normal. That means I could have had up to 7 transfers that were all doomed (if doing SET each time). And I would have felt hopeless--7 failed transfers! I might have given up before finding the healthy embryos. Have you considered PGS on the ones you have left? If that's not an option for you, realize you most likely have some good embryos in there, it just may take longer to find them.

Did your RE have any other thoughts? How is your lining? It's so frustrating when it doesn't work right away, especially when others have success on the first go. You're happy for them, happy to see this can work, but so sad for yourself--totally understandable. But your baby is in there, waiting. I know I've read that sticky thread up there with IVF success stories several times, and there are women in there who had success on their 2nd and 3rd FETs. It happens. Are you putting in one each time or more? I've done SETs and my RE has just about convinced me to try putting in two on the next go. Something to consider.

I think the fact that you have 12 frosties left is fantastic. I always think of the gals who get 1 or 2 embryos total and when their transfers fail, it's back to square one. We are very lucky in that respect. :) Hang in there. It's tough but we can do this.

thanks ladies for the responses!
babydancing- i hope your 2nd FET is good one!!!! fingers crossed!!!

jsquared- I am sorry your 2nd FET failed. Maybe third time will be a charm for both of us?

So I just recently heard about PGS, like this week on the forum! Ii definitely need to look into it!!
My lining has always been great they've said. I do feel lucky to still have 12 left but am possibly thinking of starting fresh if this FET didn't work (I find out tomorrow).
I do have twins from a fresh cycle in 2012. We put in two and they both took! That is why my clinic thought I would respond well to the FETs. Fet 1 & 2 I only put 1 in. FET #3 however, I put in two!
So that is why I think I might start over with a fresh cycle if this FET didn't work. Cause you would think with 3 attempts totally 4 frosties, one of them would've taken!
Thanks for the uplifhting words! It is nice to know others can feel my pain. I am surrounded in my community, church and even family members who seem to be having babies left and right which makes it hard when we have tried again almost a year to expand our family. The first time it took almost 2 years to get pregnant (then did with the fresh IVF cycle).

I'll let you know what i hear tomorrow, hopefully good news

I have!
I had 3 failed FETs before my last one was successful. The first two were 3-day transfers and I transfered 2 each time. The third transfer was a blastocyst transfer and I transfered one. The last one that worked we transfered 2 blastocysts. Initially it was twins, but we lost one around 9 weeks officially. So, anyway, it was a long road with so many disappointments. The embryos usually looked good but then it would still fail. We never did PGS but I was starting to think of that as the next step.
Just wanted to chime in and tell you that it can definitely work. I have an older child from IVF as well, but he worked the first IVF cycle...
Good luck!!

kay, that gives me so much hope!!! thank you!!!!! i was starting to wonder if i should even try another FET if this one doens't work.... it just seems like 3 tries is a lot and if they dont work, i should move on to something else. i may consider another FET (since i have the frosties waiting), or i may still go on to something else. but that was comforting to hear that a 4th try worked for someone!! thank you!

just to update- my third FET was a success and I'm 5 weeks pregnant!!!!!
Hope everyone else can have success with their FETs!

Wow this is awesome news!! Congrats on your BPF!!! Did you transfer 2 blastocysts this FET!?? I am having my FET next week. Hopefully I get the same kind of luck as you! This will be my 2nd FET! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Jay I did transfer 2. I find out next week if one or both were sticky!!! My first two FETs I only transferred one.

Good luck with your transfer, I hope it works this go!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

My doc did say that sometimes it just takes a few tries to find the right embryo..it's a matter of continuing on.. It's easy for them to say that when they don't have to pay for treatment or deal with the emotional factors though...

Are you hoping for twins at all?

Congratulations again!!

just to update- my third FET was a success and I'm 5 weeks pregnant!!!!!
Hope everyone else can have success with their FETs!

hi congratulations - how did you get on for your scan? did both take? take care

thanks everyone for the congrats!
only one took and unfortunately it isn't looking totally good right now. my scan this week showed the gestational sac but nothing else. potential miscarriage BUT im trying not to worry about it yet, Wednesday I go back in for another ultrasound to see what is going on.

thanks everyone for the congrats!
only one took and unfortunately it isn't looking totally good right now. my scan this week showed the gestational sac but nothing else. potential miscarriage BUT im trying not to worry about it yet, Wednesday I go back in for another ultrasound to see what is going on.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Hope it's just hiding xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"