Fetal Doppler... How far along before you heard the heartbeat?

Mild Mango

Reaction score
I ordered a Sonoline B doppler (3MHz) a couple days ago, and I should be receiving it today! I'm so excited and can't wait to try it. I'm only about 9 weeks along, so I'm not sure if it's too early to hear the heartbeat.

How far along were you when you were able to pick up the heartbeat on your doppler? Any tips for finding it?

By the way... I PROMISED myself I wouldn't freak out if I can't find the heartbeat. I know it's early and not everyone can find it right away.

Thanks!

8 wks and 3 days when I found mine. Baby was literally just above ny pubic hair line and just slightly to the right. But since I've found baby slightly higher, lower way more to the left and right on the middle. But I always have the doppler pressed in and angled down. And it can take a TON of patience. Also, this isn't my first pregnancy, so baby may be a little higher for me.

I too have sonoline b. Found my bubs heartbeat at 7.5 weeks. Best of luck!

Totally wasn't expecting to but I found one of my two last night at 7w4d :thumbup:

9+6 and even after that some days I couldn't hear it.

Started trying at 8+6 and got it at 10+3. My only advice is to watch videos to understand exactly what you're listening to, and be patient!

Yes, be patient and don't freak yourself out! I have a one from babybeat and I found it at 8w6d, but a few days later couldn't find it again. Found it about an inch or two above my pantyline, an inch to the right. Definitely had to press down and angle it to hear it. Good luck!

With my first, I was about 10 weeks. With this one, 8 weeks, 3 days. It's hard to fine - and sometimes you can be right on it, but you need to tilt it just one way or another a bit.

I haven't been able to find it yet at 10w4d. I have a tilted uterus so that makes it more difficult.

I tried to upload a sound clip of the hb but it's the wrong file type. If you want me to email it to you though I can. So you know what to listen for.

Thanks, guys! So I tried it last night and I found it in only a couple minutes! It was right above my hair line and kind of off to the left. I had to push pretty hard to find it.

Then, I tried to find it again when my husband got home, and I couldn't find it! We looked for maybe 30 mins and... NOTHING! I tried again when hubby went to pick up some food and I found it again after maybe 15 mins. I'm disappointed he didn't get to hear it.

I couldn't tell the heart rate from the monitor. Maybe I have it on the wrong setting, but it went from like 135 up to 170, then back down and back up, and all over the place! I think because it's so early, the count may not be totally reliable.

So is the whooshing sound the gestational sac? Or is it just my blood flow or something?

Well I received my doppler today and I'm pretty certain I found the little heartbeat :D 9 weeks 5 days and a tilted uterus supposedly. I think it's popped up a bit :)

I took a video, just uploading to youtube!

My friend is going to try for me today as I don't have one

Anything before 12 weeks can be hard! There's times it took me a half hour to get it. Other days would be real quick. After 12 weeks I found it within a couple minutes each time. I always found it in my waist line towards the right.

Even at 26 weeks the OB found the heartbeat almost in my hip area on the right. Up until this point we found it in the middle right away. She was snuggled in there I guess!

With this one I found it at 8 weeks exactly and with ds I found his at 8+3 :)

I was 9 weeks when i found it with my daughter. The wooshing sound is blood flow. Ome of you have found it reay early and i dont know how tout this but wrre you ladies thin, wondering if that helped. I have some tummy flab size 16 so wondering of that will stop me hearing it at an early stage. Xx

No I'm not thin hun I'm about a 16 and have a over hang due to having a c section with ds Xx

I'm thin I guess, size 3 jeans or so. Well, before this baby added a ton of extra bloat, I'm probably a 5 now.

I was 9 weeks when i found it with my daughter. The wooshing sound is blood flow. Ome of you have found it reay early and i dont know how tout this but wrre you ladies thin, wondering if that helped. I have some tummy flab size 16 so wondering of that will stop me hearing it at an early stage. Xx

I guess I'm about average weight. I'm 5'10" and wear a size 10 (US sizes, which I guess would be about a 12 UK size). But I tend to gain most of my weight around my waist. I heard the HB the first time I tried, at 9 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->