Fetal Movement & Being Sick

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Claudia83, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Claudia83

Claudia83 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

i am currently battling a nasty sinus infection and have been coughing/sneezing up a storm. I turned 28wks today so will be starting my fetal kick count card tonight. However, I had been for the past 2 weeks or so been counting his kicks movements and he was pretty active. Since I've gotten sick, I've noticed he hasn't been moving around as much. Could it be my coughing/sneezing that scares him? I emailed my MW since I can't call (at work) and hoping to hear back from her soon. If not, I plan to call after work.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :flower:

2. Claudia83

Anyone ever notice this with a cold even?

3. jakemybaby

jakemybaby Well-Known Member

I had a bad tummy bug last week that made me throw up and feel quite weak... I noticed baby didn't move much at all and ended up going in for monitoring, but all was fine. I just think that if your a bit less energetic, then they will be too.
    Hope you feel better soon x

4. Claudia83

Thanks, this is what my MW told me, she said I have probably been too busy coughing and sneezing to notice baby moving and all should be ok. I am starting my kick counts tonight. I am hoping for the 10 movements under 2hrs. :)