Fetal pole but no heartbeat

Rosesrred

Reaction score
I had a scan yesterday at 5wk 3days and they were able to see gestational sac and fetal pole measuring 1.7mm. She didn't see a heartbeat and said it was probably too soon. I'm so worried, does this sound normal? I've to go back in 10 days for another scan.

Totally normal, I had the same at 6 weeks, told it's very rare to see heartbeat so I go back in two weeks. Don't worry! Baby is so so small it's very hard to see a heartbeat at that stage and sometimes it hasn't started yet!!!

I saw it at 5 weeks 6 days and he said there was a chances we wouldn't. As it was private he has a really expensive machine that does 4d etc. so think they might be better quality. U have nothing to worry about xx

Totally normal!

Same thing happened to me and then 8 days later we say a heartbeat.

It sounds like you're way too early.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm just still so nervous! I've no nausea or ms yet, just tired and sore boobs!
Can't believe I've to wait nearly 2 weeks for a scan, I'm literally going crazy with worry here!

Thanks for all the replies, I'm just still so nervous! I've no nausea or ms yet, just tired and sore boobs!
Can't believe I've to wait nearly 2 weeks for a scan, I'm literally going crazy with worry here!

I promise it'll soon come around. It's horrible waiting :)

Yep totally normal!
With DD I had a a scan at 5+3 fetal pole but no hb.
Went back a week or so later and there was the wee flicker.

Don't freak out - it is too early!

We had an u/s a 5 weeks 0 days, where we saw nothing. Maybe a tiny gestationnal sac, but the tech was not sure. It was done in a referrable hospital in San Francisco, the the material was definitely not outdated.

We went back 2.5 weeks later and we saw a perfectly sized embryo with a strong heartbeat.

Totally normal - my sonographer could only find a sac at 5+3 :)

Its not looking good, I woke up this morning with pale pink staining when I wiped and have awful backache. Epu said they will give me a scan this Friday but I think I know what to expect :nope:

Its not looking good, I woke up this morning with pale pink staining when I wiped and have awful backache. Epu said they will give me a scan this Friday but I think I know what to expect :nope:

That could be totally normal! If no severe cramping then it might/should be ok! Try hang in there until Friday!

I know Friday probably can't come quickly enough for you. I know it also won't give you a whole lot of comfort but with babies 1 and 2 I bled through most of first tri (quite heavily). I have had 2 instances of (very minor) pink spotting with this pregnancy and everything is fine. Hope for the best :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->