Fever and no other symptoms??

channy3232

Reaction score
Rocco and I went about our normal Monday routine today, grocery shopping etc. He dozed off for 10 minutes or so on the way home, which isn't unusual. He ate normally all day. When we got home from the store, he climbed on my lap and asked to watch Wonder Pets. So I put it on and he put his head on my chest. I realized he was really warm!! I took his temp and its 102 (about 39c) My husband just got home from work and he's playing happily with Daddy as usual.
I feel like a worry wort but I called the ped and I'm waiting on a call from the Dr on call. It's 930 here. The only thing I've noticed at all is he was sticking his finger in his mouth lately and i reached in and it feels like hes getting a molar. But would a tooth cause a fever that high? Ughh I think he's going to sleep with us tonight so I can keep an eye on him.

He finally went to sleep after some tylenol at about 10. I checked on him a few times and he was fine. At about 12 he woke up screaming bloody murder. I ran in and he was trembling but he wasnt cold. He reached for me to pick him up but when i did he screamed more. He's done this before and I thought it was a leg cramp. So I moved his legs around and that seemed to make it worse. Ive never heard him scream like this. He calmed down and asked for milk so he drank some. Then he said he was hungry so I gave him some pretzels. I took him to our bed to keep an eye on him. Long story short its now 330 am and hes still awake. I just put him down and he's just laying there whining. The whole time he's been awake, hes been fine. Playing and laughing and carrying on. So its not like he was still in pain or not feeling well. He just wasnt tired!! I don't get it!! I'm watching him on his monitor and he's just sitting there reading a book. But wide awake. I did hear back from the ped earlier and she said just to keep an eye on him and if the fever lasted more than a day to bring him in. But its gone now. Or at least better. He's not hot to the touch like he was before. I'm just at a loss. He rarely wakes in the night but when he does I can tell whats wrong and fix it. It's so frustrating to not know what's wrong with your child :(

:hugs:

Omar had a temp with no other symptoms 1 month back. His paed also told us to keep an eye on his remp for 24 hrs. It was a start of a viral infection as the temp went down but after 1 week he started to cough then he had a temp again. He didn't need antibiotics only calpol & ibrufen with an inhaler.

Hope he gets better soon Hun xx

Temp with no obvious symptoms can be a urine infection (google it to check incase he is showing any of those symptoms).

Teething normally causes temp of 38/38.5 though children are all different obviously!

We are just getting through a nasty chest infection with Madeline, but she went off her food for a few days and had a temp of nearly 40 (although still playing and behaving normally) before being really poorly.
A temp is actually a good sign that they are fighting off any nasties that may be trying to invade their system. Hopefully he has managed to fight them off, hence the temp coming down - but as your doctor said, keep an eye on him. You know your LO so anything out of the ordinary and I would get him checked. Sometimes it's just a case of riding it out though.
I know how you feel though. Madeline has never really been ill before (apart from little tummy bugs or the odd cold/conjunctivitis) so we just had the worst few days ever with her being dehydrated, wheezy and lethargic. Your doing everything right though - hope he is over it very soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->