few questions about clomid and follicles?

glitterbaby88

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a few questions about clomid and follicles. this is my second round on clomid 100mg. I'm currently on CD 11 , on CD 9 I went for my ultrasound and my doctor told me I had a 12mm follicle and to come back on two days. I went back today had another ultrasound and she told me she couldn't find any egg?? Does that mean she didn't see a follicle anymore or literally she couldn't find an egg in the follicle. And could I have possibly ovulated between CD 9 and today so that's the reason shes not able to detect an "egg"?*

Also my doctor has me taking clomid from CD 2-6 and she told me to take one in the morning and one at night, has anyone taken it like this before? After doing a little research I decided to go against what she said and taking them both at the same time before bed. I'm wondering should I take it the way she said to take it next month if I don't get a BFP which my doctor told me would be highly unlikely this month.

One more thing, has anyone taken duphaston, which is a progesterone, for 10 days after ovulation? Last month she had me take it from CD 16-25 and this month she has me taking it on CD 15-24.. any input would be appreciated.*

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your replies.

hi glitterbaby. I don't think I can help coz ive never been on clomid. as to duphaston I took for 3 months when I was pregnant with my ds. gyn/obs prescribed it when I found out I was pregnant..i have no idea if it's healthy taking it before BFP

I am by no means an expert however I believe there is a chance that you could have Oed and here is why. I am on injections and I went in today (CD7) and I have 3 in the 1.2 range. I was told that I could skip tomorrow because I don't have a history of sudden surges. Typically though, your follies will grow .2 per day. I am not sure what they see after you O.

As for progesterone, you take that after you confirm that you have Oed. Taking progesterone before you O will prevent you from Oing. You should take that up till you you test for PG on 14dpo.

As for clomid, I think I only took 50mg so I only took it once per day.

I hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for your replies.. I guess its just a waiting game for me now.. hope I actually did O.. my doctor wants me to take the progesterone from day 15-24.. wondering if thats too soons cause I dont know exactly when I ovulate and I dont want it to prevent it if I actually do have a follicle there.. never thought TTC would be this complicated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->