FF and Ovulation?

Meaggers

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my second month using FF and charting ttc #2. Fertility friend is telling me that it detected a possible ovulation on cd 15 with bbts, but because my temperatures haven't been very high it isn't giving me cross hairs or a confirmed ov. Can someone tell me what you think? I'm so confused since I haven't had some of these symptoms since I was pg with DS. :shrug: My chart is in my siggy.

It might give you cross hairs if you remove the higher temps on cd 1-2 and 13, but honestly you dont have much of a temp rise after your + opk to look ovulatory at all, have you had your progesterone levels checked?.

I do have low progesterone. So much so that I have to take progesterone throughout an entire pregnancy, however, history shows that I do still ovulate and am capable of getting pregnant. I usually take progesterone cream the second half of my cycle (after ov has been confirmed) in case, but there is no confirmation this time. I've been on vitex in hopes to raise my progesterone. I'm wondering if it has messed up my temps?

I do have low progesterone. So much so that I have to take progesterone throughout an entire pregnancy, however, history shows that I do still ovulate and am capable of getting pregnant. I usually take progesterone cream the second half of my cycle (after ov has been confirmed) in case, but there is no confirmation this time. I've been on vitex in hopes to raise my progesterone. I'm wondering if it has messed up my temps?

Vitex delayed my ovulation the cycle I took it I kept getting false positive OPKs. you might have been better without the vitex. some women find it helps and some dont it just depends on the person.

Do you think I should give it a few more days and see if my temps rise or go ahead and stop it? I ovd on cd 12 last cycle and thought it just delayed for 3 days. How many days did it delay yours? It's Def making me less witchy lol my husband appreciates that. :)

Do you think I should give it a few more days and see if my temps rise or go ahead and stop it? I ovd on cd 12 last cycle and thought it just delayed for 3 days. How many days did it delay yours? It's Def making me less witchy lol my husband appreciates that. :)

Thats was 7 years ago hun, I tried the vitex because when I was younger I had bad PCOS never ovulated or rarely anyway so I was not sure if I would go through it again once we had started TTC , my LH level has always been a little higher which is normal with PCOS and so maybe thats why I literally had a week of positive OPK's which went away when I stopped taking the vitex also the pills I had were 1000mg each and I think I took 2 a day ( so maybe it was too much)and I honestly dont remember if I still ovulated that cycle or not.

Its up to you if you want to stop them or not , every month that I have taken something that seemed to mess up my ovulation ( soy or whatever) I dropped it then started drinking peppermint tea and ovulated a week later , peppermint tea naturally raises FSH and estrogen and lowers testosterone so it helps some women ovulate , there were several women on here that got their BFP the month they drank peppermint or spearmint tea till ovulation.

Thank you. I should try mint tea. I've read a lot about it, but have never tried. This is our second month trying for #2. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13 and have had it now for 17 years. Weirdly enough I don't have high LH levels- just the opposite in my case. I have been taking 400mg once a day because I wanted to start slow. There are so many conflicting views on vitex with dosage and who it's right for. I think I'm going to give it unttil my normal period to see if it works, and then try mint tea next. Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you. I should try mint tea. I've read a lot about it, but have never tried. This is our second month trying for #2. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13 and have had it now for 17 years. Weirdly enough I don't have high LH levels- just the opposite in my case. I have been taking 400mg once a day because I wanted to start slow. There are so many conflicting views on vitex with dosage and who it's right for. I think I'm going to give it unttil my normal period to see if it works, and then try mint tea next. Thank you so much for your help.

My LH levels are not really high to where I am getting false positives but they are always slightly higher then non PCOS women. Yes thats true about vitex what works for some women may not work for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->