FF Vs. Pen & Paper

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
So I just stayed up waaaaay past bed time. Thought I would finally get my data in FF to see what happened. I have been charting using pen & paper for 5 cycles including this one (TTC for 6)... I didn't bother entering in the first cuz there wasn't enough there. This c is too new to count yet.

That leaves 3 full cycles on there. Geez!! Seems like it should be more as I feel like I've been in a temping haze for eons! :roll:

ANYway, my old fashioned pen & paper matched up somewhat with what FF thought, but not as much as I expected. The only thing we totally agreed on was my varying LP length and to talk to the doc about it. :?

Other than that, things varied by a few days... like when o occurred, or when to start a new c. Not enough to make a HUGE difference, but enough to get me curious. A day or two can matter when o time is here!!!

Anyone else use both ways and get different results?? :dohh:

Thanks, ladies! I've GOT to get some zzzzzs. :sleep: c u tomorrow!

Hi

I'm not a fan of FF. Simply because it would change my ov date when I was sure I had ov on a particular day. It would change my chances of being pregnant from good to low and I would feel devastated by it. I couldn't believe a piece of software would make me feel like I did. So I packed it in.

I would say go with your gut instinct. If pen and paper works for you, go for it.

Good luck.

:hug:

I only used ff this month and i should add i don't temp properly i just do it when i get up not as soon as i wake up.

I put a temp in yesterday and it changed my ovulation to day 27. I know thats not possible as i got a bfp on day 29! It previously had it as day 21 which would make more sense.

I had a dip which was i think was ovulation, then my temps rose for 4 days, then i had another dip which lasted 2 days, which i think could of been impantation dip?, then my temps went really high. But it obviously then thought my second dip was ovulation and changed the dates.

THANK YOU, LADIES! :hugs: That makes me feel a bit better. I'll stick to doing both for now and see what happens, but I'm dubious about FF, esp. in regards to the o dates. I think on 2 of the cycles they have me o'ing 1-3 days after I'm fairly sure I REALLY did.

Besides, OH saw the site last night and thinks I crossed an obession line. He rolled his eyes and said "Wouldn't it just be easier if we adopted??" :rofl:

hi i stopped using FF as i found its ovulation dates didn't match what my body was telling me.. FF seemed to confuse the issue. i used good old pen and paper and BD'ing every other or every third day and i've just got early bfp so i vote pen and paper! save your pennies from not using FF towards baby stuff!
good luck hun x

Thank you, Wish!!! I agree about trusting our bodies. My sex drive tells me a lot I think... gets crazy at just the right time! :blush:

I just saw your :bfp: annoucement on another thread. Big :hug: and super congrats! Fingers crossed for sticky bean!

I think I will continue to trust my body b4 I trust FF, but I'll still do FF for a month or two and see what happens.

I use both, FF and pen and paper, this cycle FF had me O 4 days earlier then I thought I did and sure enough I was right. I think use FF as guildance but always trust what your body is telling you!

More good advice, thank you! :hugs: I like listening to my body anyway -- I think it knows me better than a computer! :rofl:

I mainly use it to keep all my charting data somewhere my sister/ mum/ mates won't stumble across it by accident as I kept leaving my paper charts all over the house!

LOL! Sounds like something I would do. :) Dunno how I have managed to keep it confined to nightstand thus far. hehe

I'm so forgetful! my sister came round last week and I'd left the wrapper of an OPK test in the bathrom and I have to take the labels off my pre-conception vitamins because I forget to take them in the morning if I don't leave them out by the toaster.

If it's true that you get more forgetful during pregnancy I'll be in a right state! I'll be walking around half naked or I'll forget to brush my hair.

If it's true that you get more forgetful during pregnancy I'll be in a right state! I'll be walking around half naked or I'll forget to brush my hair.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just don't forget to take the wrapper off the vits until then! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back