Fibroids and early pregnancy

lauren10

1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!
Reaction score
I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but I thought I was 6 weeks along when I saw the dr last week, then he said my uterus is measuring more like 10 weeks...and that a large fibroid is a possible cause (among other things).

Has anyone had a fibroid present like this early on? I'm hoping my dates are just off, because if it's a fibroid it's quite large already! I can feel that my uterus is already about halfway to my belly button, I've gained about 5 lbs already and most of my pants don't fit. :growlmad:

Thanks for your input!

They only found my fibroid at the 12 week scan. If I had it before it wasn't causing me any problems and it's presently the size of an orange 7x9x8cm. At the 21 week scan it hadn't grown. I did seem to have a bump quite early on and my work colleagues were teasing me about having twins!
So far it hasn't caused any problems, the odd twinge now and again when the baby kicks it!. I hope that your scan goes well and shows that everything is normal.

My fibroid was found before I got pregnant and when i was scanned at 7weeks it hadn't grown 6x6x6cm.
It depends where they are as to what, if any problems they can cause.

Try not to worry - they can't be sure of anything without a scan. Good luck.

They found a clump of fibroids at my 10 week scan. They just told me that they need to monitor it and that I will be requiring more frequent scans.

I had medium ish sized fibroid that showed up in my 12 wk scan during my first pregnancy. It seemed to grow quite a lot due to all the hormones but it didn't cause me any problems.

Then in my 12 wk scan for my most recent pregnancy I found out that one had shrunk back quite a lot but another much larger one had appeared. It kept growing but in a strange long way rather than a cluster so there was a bit of a concern that it would get in the way during childbirth. I had quite a lot of scans to check where it was and what it was doing and in the end, for various other reasons as well, it was decided that I would have a c section.

I haven't told this to worry you, just to let you know that one way or another it will be fine.

Thanks ladies. I just had my ultrasound and the tech couldn't tell me much, but to me the fibroid looked HUGE! It was in the way of her seeing the baby from an external u/s and when she used the vag probe we saw the baby is just fine! good heartbeat and just the right size. The fibroid seems not to be very close to the baby which is good...but looking forward to hearing from the doctor.

During my early scan today, they discovered my fibroid about the size a small grape and said it shouldn't cause me any problems. But they are bringing me in two weeks to do another ultrasound to be sure that it's not what's causing the spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->