Fighting a losing battle with cloth

You dont have to be a martyr to the cause hun, getting yourself stressed is never good - iot always makes things seem worse than they really are.

If LO still has bad nappy rash then try some titanium ointment - Dewi had a bout of diarrhea that lasted 2 weeks once after he had a bug and I could not have him in cloth - I simply didnt have enough.

So it was sposies changed every hour and the titanium cream called Metanium (I got it prescribed by the Dr but you can get it over the counter) and the cream worked WONDERS on his poor bum - he had weeping open sores at the worst of it!

There have been times I've wanted to give up but things change so often with LO's poos and shape and size that the bad times haven't lasted all that long.

Just because you might use sposies for a while until things settle doesn't make you a bad mamma. You can always go back to cloth.

Wasnt there a cloth nappy library here a while back? try some different nappies when things settle down a bit. Step away form the cute nappies like issys's and ittis and go practical - pop-in's are great they have a good gusset for catching poop, Fuzzi Bunz are good aas you can adjust the leg elastic to fit well even if they are double stuffed.

When Dewi's poops were gross I used flushable liners and when I changed him I'd use a nappy bag like I was poop scooping after a dog iykwim? Put your hand in the bag and you can scoop a lot of poop out, pop that down on the side along with the messy nappy - clean up LO put the wipes in the nappy bag redo LO's bum. then grab another wipe or two and scrape as much poop as poss into the nappy bag.

Then at least the nappy wasn't too thick with poop, and you can still pop most of what's in the nappy bag into the loo to flush away - I would wsh every 2 days so the stink neer got too bad.

Remember if youre getting staining even though the weather isnt great the Sun will still help get stains out so pop them to dry in a window if you can.

We have these to hang up our nappies

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80189663

We hang them in the window for 24 hours or so and then if they feel like they need it in the airing cupboard over night.

My husband who is a pharmacist always recommends conotrane ointment - it's antibacterial and a barrier cream. It cleared up my LO's teething rash in half a day. I was super-impressed by how fast it worked. I also had her in sposies until the teething poo was over, now we're back in cloth. no shame in switching back when things get bad. :hugs:

Thank you all :hugs:

We had a morning in disposables and then the afternoon in cloth using disposable liners and his rash is still there but looking better :thumbup:

We don't have any fleece liners, although i like the idea of them as it might make clearing the poo off the nappies easier...no?

I have a question about them though- do they affect the absorbency of the nappy at all? Or does urine pass through them easily?

I'd be interested in getting some fleece liners but not if it was going to make wicking or leaking more likely after we just got it sorted! :wacko: Lol.

Glad his rash is a bit better hun!

Yep, cleaning poo off fleece liners is easier than cleaning it off the nappy (I find, anyway) and no it doesn't affect the absorbancy or not as far as I'm aware. It just sort of lets the wee soak through to the nappy and it dries out so that it's a nice dry layer against the baby's skin.

Just spotted your second ticker btw - congratulations!!

Aww congrats hun!! :hugs: Lots of sticky dust for you!

As for the fleece liners, I make my own from cheap fleecey blankets from Primark or Dunelm Mill .. a few quid for one and it'll make LOADS of liners :D They last for ages too and because they're cheap, if there's a particularly bad nappy and you cant face scraping or shaking the poo off, then you dont feel so bad throwing the odd one away :thumbup:
I've never had any wicking issues using fleece liners and as far as I know, the absorbancy isnt affected either :)

I use fleece liners in some of my nappies and never had issues with wicking.

Fleece doesn't affect absorbency, it just lets the wee through to the more absorbent side i.e. the nappy. Most pocket nappies are lined with fleece anyway, as are loads of other types of nappy. The only problem you may have is if you accidentally left a bit of the liner sticking out of the nappy, then it may wick.

I agree with making your own as well. I bought two blankets from poundland (one pale blue with white spots and one SpoongeBob!) and was able to cut about 15 liners from each. Thirty liners for two quid isn't bad. And as fleece doesn't fray, you don't need to stitch them - just literally cut. Mine are really wonky as I'm rubbish at such things, but they work fine!

Congrats rebaby... billions of sticky dust to you :dust: hope it sticks :hugs:

lol I used the poundland blue with white spots blanket to make some wipes!

breastmilk works well on nappy rash too :)

I made my own fleece liners aswel, i flick the poo off and then shower the rest of it with the power shower - the quickest way lol! The fleece fabric is only £6 a meter and you only need about £2 worth to make about 20 liners. You can get lovely fabric patterns too which make poo cleaning abit less of a chore :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->